Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods THREE HOUR TOTAL TRANSFORMATION (Dad's Deuce Coupe)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Nov 19, 2016.

1. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

Loved the cream look as well as the current scheme. Wasn't a fan of the blue with flames wrap but did like the blower and Torque Thrusts. But PLEASE, get rid of the ugly ass flex radiator hose! :eek::D

2. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are at it again. Dad has steel wheel fever ever since we put the Steelies and M/H slicks on the Cobra. His coupe is looking pretty tough tonight. We have a set of Ford script center caps for them but I think he may run it for a while as is...

20180823_213242.jpeg

By November we will have to have it ready for a local indoor car show and we give it a new look every year. I think we are going to wrap the sides in gloss black over the scallops giving them an embossed look like the flames a couple of years ago. So gloss and satin black along with the steelies...

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lucky ink, Tim and Bandit Billy like this.
  3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Put a hood top on it this weekend. We started with an original steel 32 hood but it was warped and after working on it for a couple if days we jyst opted for an after market.

20180903_091815.jpeg

20180903_092052.jpeg

lucky ink and Tim like this.
  4. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well it is that time of year again! Lol
    Every year for the local Hot Rod Holidays we change Dad's coupe. The very first year we had some flames on it and it was cool. But later in the year I added the name: "The Caledonia Kid." That was Dad's favorite. So this year we sort of went all out on the: California Kid theme. Matched the flame pattern and color on the sides etc. and pin striped it. Dad lived 50 years on Caledonia Street. I think it is my favorite version thus far. I know Dad is really digging it. Might just stay this way for a while. At least a year...LMAO!

20181117_085959.jpeg

lucky ink and saltflats like this.
  6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Saw you guys at Pete and Jakes yesterday but had a brain fart and didn’t introduce myself. Really dug the coupe! Think it’s my first time seeing it in person

7. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Tim. You didn't happen to be the guy in the black HAMB Drags shirt that I passed and said "I like that shirt" were you? Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20190511_124136.jpeg

Dad had a blast! Kind of a bucket list show for him. Stupid not to go every year being it is so close. I wished the weather had cooperate but we had a good time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and Tim like this.
  9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah was waaaaaaaay smaller than normal but I didn’t get sun burnt or have to wait an hour to use the restroom so it wasn’t all bad ;)

loudbang and Deuced Up! like this.
  10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Nope one of the zillion people in a hop up shirt and lots of tattoos lol. I’ll say hi next time

loudbang likes this.