Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Walker Jack information

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joe H, May 11, 2019.

1. Joe H

Joe H

I am fixing up an old Walker Jack, #520. Does anyone know what colors these were? This is from a late 1920's catalog.

Attached Files:

BigO likes this.
  2. Chances are it was black, the staple of color for common items at that time... Just my opinion, if anything fancy it would have had gold pinstriping as an accent. BigO

3. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

No help for that era, but later ones from NAPA were blue with yellow handles.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm thinking that something on the order of chassis black is about right. I saw a photo of a bright red one a minute ago and that just flat looks wrong. I've got a couple out in the shed but don't think either has any paint left on it..

5. I would give the thing some colour with all those different parts .

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

When I was a kid, I thought I could almost tell what the colors were on our black and white TV:D
    ...but yeah, I would say a good bet would be black, however some other colors would be interesting too, Ive got a old dinner bell from the 1800s that I painted a hammered finish dark grey that I think looks better than a plain original black would have, so ......:) ...heres you another bump anyway.
    upload_2019-5-12_9-29-28.png

7. Joe H

Joe H

I will look around the hardware store at paint colors, but black will likely be the choice. I couldn't find any trace of paint on this one.

8. oldolds

oldolds

Hammer tone colors would likely be the best. Dark green, or blue would be my guess. Roaring 20's lots of color then. Teens were black. Just an observation about general thing of the time period.