Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 94 carb on an F1 Ford Straight 6 ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hank McDonald, May 10, 2019.

1. Hank McDonald

Hank McDonald

Is a two barrel 94 carb too much for a ford 6 cylinder flat head ... and will it fit and how to make ut fit. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

There are different size 94 carbs. I do not have the info with me but you can look up the cfm's as well as what carb it used. One you can get adaptors to match up bolt patterns as well as jetting the 94 for your needs.

3. Cosmo50

Cosmo50
    from California

I am guessing you have the H-Series flathead? If that is the case, I believe that carb will not work. The H-Series distributor is a load-a-matic type, similar to the early 200 6's. These use a port that come off the carburetor for the vacuum advance. If you want to use a different carburetor from stock, you will have to change out the distributor to one that uses just mechanical advance or can use ported vacuum. I have the same engine in my 41 and I am thinking of trying out the Autolite 1100, not sure if it will work, but it works on the same principle.

4. David Chandler

David Chandler

I ran an 8RT carb on a 250 Chevy six. I had a guy make an adapter out of aluminum. It worked better than the original carb, but I don't think it flowed that much more air. If I recall it correctly you have a 226 inch engine? So getting past the vacuum issue to the distributor, I think size wise it would work, with minimal additional tuning on your part. The one change I had to make was a new throttle lever. But mine had an extended shaft, used for some other purpose, in it's previous life, so I put a new lever on that end. Also I clocked it like a V8 and kept the bowl up front.
    That said, what about a small 2GC Rochester? Size wise it might be bigger, but not too big, if your engine is otherwise stock. Those have throttle plates that are 1.44 inches in diameter. At least the two I own do. One of mine is from a 283 and the other a 307. You might compare that to a 94. I believe they are smaller.
    And you might want to ask over on Inliner's Org. They deal with sixes, and probably someone has done it. So you could gain from their experience.
    Good luck!

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I am trying to learn. With that particular intake can you make a provision for vacuum ?

6. Larry91739

Larry91739

The Ford flathead eight uses a loadomatic distributor and a Holley 94...... therefore the
    Ford flathead six using a loadomatic distributor should be able to run a Holley 94.
    As mentioned, there are different size venturis available with the 94 carb.
    Since the loadomatic distributor is a vacuum only type advance, I'm thinking that the
    carb vacuum signal would need to be matched closely to the six cylinder's advance
    curve requirements.

7. sunbeam

sunbeam

I have 2 old manuals one shows no advance weights in the parts break down the other list cent. advance starts @400rpm with max adwance 23 deg. @4000rpm grab the rotor and see if it will turn 10 deg. or so in the direction of rotation if so it has mechanical advance.