Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Looks like a In-N-Out evening

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flathead Dave, May 11, 2019.

1. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Crusin' to In-N-Out this evening...Where are you guy's crusin' to this weekend just for eats and to show your rod's off with out going to a car show?

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  2. This weekend is like just about every weekend around here.....severe thunderstorms in and out..:(

3. 24 Dodge

24 Dodge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I had an In-N- Out around here I would cruse there at least 3 times a week.

4. 27AA0D5F-1F86-403D-8EE8-128DC620438F.png No where!

Rich B., OLSKOOL57 and Deuces like this.

5. Same here Don, sever thunderstorms, lightning, heavy rain, high winds and tornado alert, typical early spring weather in the South! :rolleyes: HRP

OLSKOOL57 and Deuces like this.
  6. RMONTY

RMONTY

Then you have never eaten at Whataburger! It's a Texas thing....

j3harleys, BigO, blue57ford and 4 others like this.
  7. always leery of any food titled "in and out".

8. That’s funny, I was thinking the same thing. Every weekend night is out just driving, sometimes food too .

Deuces likes this.
  9. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Whataburger is a good place. Eaten there many times while in Texas.

Turnipseed and Deuces like this.
  10. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Yep, I'm south of Don, and we've had rain off and on all weekend. Finished cutting my grass during a shower yesterday. Put the mower up, and the sun came out.:rolleyes:
    It'll dry up one of these days, and turn hot as hell. Normal Southern weather!

HOTRODPRIMER and Deuces like this.
  11. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hey BamaMav.What`s that old saying?Oh Yeah
    Spring has sprung.
    Fall has fell.
    Summer`s here.
    Its hot as Hell.
    Been wet and nasty here all day,too.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    deadbeat and Deuces like this.
  12. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

The In-N-Out about a good stones throw from me...is a...NO HOT ROD...In-N-Out.
    They have a HUGE lot around three sides of the building, but they will not sponsor cruse nights. Different people have asked many times over the years, with no luck. Don't know the reason(s).

Mike

13. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I cruised home in my hot rod , been driving it all day. Was another rainy ass day in So Cal ...Wife had Chicken Taco's all ready and cold beers in the fridge:D Another good day in my book..

kadillackid and Deuces like this.
  14. mopacltd

mopacltd

Made the maiden voyage in the non hamb friendly Cuda.

lumpy 63 and Deuces like this.
  15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

We’re in Texas quite often since my wife is from there.
    I don’t like Whataburger at all.
    There are plenty of better burger places.

16. Made it to Don&Millies burger joint Friday nite. If you drive in with a hot rod/custom/old car, the food is 1/2 off!
    Met some of the guys from our old car club.
    Today [Saturday] I went to a small car show in mid-town Omaha and it was nice to meet up with some old friends until the pro streeters rolled out onto a side street for impromptu burn outs...made my way home in the 34. 34andartsbuick1.jpg

deadbeat, lumpy 63 and Deuces like this.
  17. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is also an Oklahoma thing, too! There are a bunch in OKC and 4 or 5 in Tulsa.
    It may not be the best but it is the best so far.

charleyw and Deuces like this.
  18. No In & Out's or Whataburger's here so our locally owned burger joint is Arnold's Famous Hamburgers, at least here they are. HRP

$4.95 Cheeseburger,fries & slaw.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    deadbeat, lumpy 63 and Deuces like this.
  19. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We have what I call Not-a-Bad Burger up here...pretty good, but damn small.

BNGR's still in the barn, kickin the stall door till Spring tune-up's done...then miles of smiles

Deuces likes this.
  20. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Hardly rained in the Inland Empire. Afternoon and evening was crystal clear.

lumpy 63 likes this.
  21. john walker

john walker

Had a hot lady customer who had an "in & out burger" bumper sticker with the B and R whited out. She was fun.

22. 52 years ago I cruised In N Out 7 days a week! Store number 3 on Arrow Highway in Covina, cruised it for years! Wishin' there was one nearby, I could go for a double double with grilled onions!!!
    In N Out #3 Arrow Hwy. Covina.jpg

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Hotrodmyk and ROCKER77 like this.
  23. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_20190511_064801231.jpg more of a drive than a cruise to Lotaburger....no In and Out. it was threatening rain so I had one by myself...bunch of lightweights....wa, wa...didn't want to have to wash my car...I guess they painted them with water based paint...lol

Sent from my XT1254 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

We have What-A-Burger joints in the Kannapolis & Concord NC area that I go to occasionaly. They are a different chain than the Texas WAB. They are not to hotrod friendly because of the parking situation at the resturants…..

25. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We have one of the rare Naugles about 1/2 mile from where we live and when the bride wants a cheeseburger I go along and get an Ortega chilecheese burger.. I ask no questions.

1oldtimer likes this.
  26. Local Starbucks for me. Had a coffee and sat on the patio.

27. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Gotta lay off the cholesterol for now. I just go through the drive through, lean out and get a good sniff through the window, then go eat my oatmeal. :(

47ragtop, jvo, seb fontana and 2 others like this.
  28. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Jimmy...didnt know any Naugles stores still existed. Dick Naugles...the one in Panorama City had an open fire pit, right smack in the middle of the dining room. I have found memories of sneaking out late night with my older brother for some eats. That Naugles, now Del Taco is next door to In N Out #10...on Roscoe. Good times.

Flathead Dave likes this.
  29. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

We went looking for that Naugles about three ago after we found out that the new owner opened the place in Fountain Valley. We found it but it was closed/shuttered....So it's still open?

I like the history of Taco Bell, Del Taco/ Naugles, Taco Tia, Der Wienershnitzel. All related to each other in funny ways from employees to helping each other out in business.

30. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Went out driving around the area today in my Escape. It's nice to see where things originated. Being a McDonald's family, My wife being a area Manager, I took her to San Bernardino many years ago when I moved her to California, and showed her where the very first McDonald's was. She is a graduate of Hamburger High and Hamburger University. They really exist.

In-N-Out employees attend a school to learn to cook for In-N-Out. That's why they make the big money at In-N-Out.