Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Sent the willys down the road, on to the next one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimSibley, May 11, 2019.

1. JimSibley

JimSibley

5849787E-6543-4BB3-85EA-8527771FD3A9.jpeg 4F116656-EAEA-4249-A1A4-E1AEEFC62C32.jpeg 08E9C96A-8231-40EA-A45B-A1B7AECBF3E7.jpeg 0BF5509A-477D-4879-AD6D-4BB66B509D29.jpeg as i am sitting here staring at a surgery date for open heart, with both a heavy heart and a bit of relief i sent my willys coupe to its new home today. Oh well, on to new projects and thoughts of post surgery hot rodding. Here is to another 20 years of beating on rusty junk. And remember this.... build them all and stack them like firewood.

2. Looks like another great project Jim. Good luck with the surgery, and a speedy recovery.

Stogy, loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Best wishes.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  4. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is Gonna be Good...

loudbang likes this.

5. Smiffy

Smiffy

All the best with the surgery and recovery we'll be praying for you.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  6. jim snow

jim snow

Wow. You do amazing stuff. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Snowman

Stogy, loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Hoping all goes well with your surgery. Your new project is definitely gonna look good.

8. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I know nothing of your specific case, but I do know a fairly long list of people who have had open heart surgery with great results. It was a new lease on life!

Wishing you the very best of outcomes and many more projects in your future. All fellow HAMBERS are in your corner.

Regards
    Ray

9. Best wishes Jim. You are my hot rod hero!

10. killbilly

killbilly

Jim,good luck to you man,you got this! I had a quadruple bypass in Nov 17..Its tough but you can do it ...I had a great surgeon..nothing but respect for those guys .You will be back at it in no time.

kiwijeff, Stogy, trollst and 2 others like this.
  11. JimSibley

JimSibley

Thanks cactus, its an honor to be seen as a hotrod hero.

12. rc57

rc57

Best wishes on a speedy recovery, do everything they say and don't rush it.

I had mine 12 years ago and feel great.

Oh yeah, cool project.

13. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Jim best to you. Stay positive it makes a difference.

14. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

You’ll be back to kickin metals ass before you know it....prayin for ya..

lothiandon1940, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  15. Someone got a kick ass Willys.
    Best thoughts for your surgery. Not a believer in luck, I wish you success.

16. JimSibley

JimSibley

Yea, the willys was cool, but im a small car guy, and that 32 fits me just fine. Besides the money from the willys will make recovery a little easier.

kiwijeff, dan31, ffr1222k and 7 others like this.
  17. trollst

trollst

Jim, the thought of surgery is scary, you'll be afraid, when they're done, you'll wake up not feeling the best, but satisfied knowing you're still here. Then, you'll be weak and not yourself, after being sent home, you'll be scared shitless that you may not make it through the first night, there are no nurses, no heart monitors, no familiar beeping that kept you awake, only the thoughts in your head. It's a scary time, then....you feel like an old man, little stamina, but the good news is you'll be better than ever after about two-three months, and a year down the road, you'll be amazed at your progress, being a new man.
    I been there, don't worry, take it as it comes, you'll be better than you've been in a long time, you'll have a new lease on life, patience buddy, you can do this. All the best. LeRoy.

18. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

We keep you and your loved ones in our prayers and thoughts . May you have many an odometer rollover.:)

19. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I am a Washington State based Alaskan for most of my life, so this really is my "home". I've watched your projects, and to see you start with some of the "scrap" you start out with, and what they look like when you're done, is really amazing. If your heart surgeons/cardiologists, have half your abilities in their respective fields, that you have in yours, you WILL be OK, and you WILL continue to build some of the finest Hot Rods/Race Cars/Street Cars in Washington State; someone has too! Good luck to you, and if we can donate blood (like these surgeries always require), just tell us where to sign up (read in the paper recently, there was a shortage of blood and blood products)! I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

20. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm with 'ya Butch! Where do I sign up? Anything to help a fellow HAMB brother! Let alone a master of his craft!

loudbang likes this.
  21. JimSibley

JimSibley

Thanks alot guys ill ask my doc how that stuff goes, let you know.

22. Jim, hope you get a good lookin' nurse to shave all your hair off your body before surgery. Mine was 18:rolleyes::D:D and she didn't leave much to interfere with the operation:eek:

Stogy likes this.
  23. brady1929

brady1929

Good luck and good health.

Stogy likes this.
  24. 392

You have a plan and that says it all. Here’s to a speedy recovery.

Stogy likes this.
  25. Hope everything will go well for you. I had a triple bypass in the year 2000, and then I had a double bypass in the year 2010. it is amazing what modern medicine / surgery can do now-a-days. Do what ever the doctor says to do. Go to re-hab, it is well worth it. Your strength will come back, and you can keep doing what you want / like to do. Good luck with your operation.

26. JimSibley

JimSibley

Thanks, having the 32 to look forward to kinda helps in a way. Heres to hotrodding!!!

27. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So I am sure that you selected a surgeon is as talented as you are, no problem...

28. bchctybob

bchctybob

With family, friends and a new project to come home to, I'm sure you'll blaze through this little inconvenience with no sweat. We're all here pulling for ya too. Best wishes, Bob

29. Best Wishes Jim. You'll back at it in no time!

30. phat rat

phat rat

Jim, good luck. I had triple bypass 6 yrs ago. After catching up on things around home I took my annual western parts trip about 3 1/2 months after the surgery.