Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Iowa traditional hot rod and custom gathering and cruise.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by justabeater37, Sep 28, 2018.

1. This is more what Mike does at the Hill Climb and Dirt Drag event in Colorado with very good success
    Send in photo for you to vote on who is in and who is not. Plus it lets you cut it off when you get to the number of cars you feel good having. Good Luck!

2. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The theory is we will start with the guys we know with the right cars and attitudes and it may turn in to the refer a friend program as well as welcome in some outsiders gradually with the rule that anyone can be uninvited at anytime for causing trouble or otherwise bringing the group down ie smoky burnouts through the middle of town, over consumption, running down others in the group, or overall bad attitude. Yes, it will be a small, slowly growing group, but that will be by design.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Good luck with your idea /intentions.....

4. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks. It will take lots of luck as it sounds like we are trying to write a fairy tale more than organize a group cruise.

IowaMercMan likes this.
  5. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To revive this idea. I am going to give this crazy idea a shot. I hope to get at least 3 cars so there is a donation to be made. I will try to message all those who were interested when I first posted this.
    Now that the build and promotion of the Chari-T is behind me, it’s time to pursue another project. Planning on the 3rd Saturday of September for a 1942 or older cruise for cars built in a 1950s or earlier style. State parks, scenic drive, and a lunch stop with camping or hotel at the end of the day. Just started planning, but figure 100 mile+/- cruise with poker run type stops at the parks. Plan on a $50 buy in along with info on your favorite charity. At the end of the day, best hand takes $100 and draws from a hat to see which charity receives the rest. Charity can be a 501c or even a family that has fallen on hard times and could use some help. Any takers??? I know the criteria are pretty tight, but it makes for a smaller, more intimate group that requires less space and planning for stops.

6. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I spent today with Doug (justabeater37) scoping out Eastern Iowa and planning a tentative route. We came up with a very nice drive of around 125 miles that has hills, curves and is very scenic. It also has stops in three Iowa State Parks and it is on all paved roads with 95% on two lane county roads and very few miles on highways. We found a very nice place for the lunch stop and another nice place for the dinner stop at the end of the day's drive. I would encourage everyone to consider making this trip if Doug pulls the trigger and makes this happen.

IowaMercMan likes this.
  7. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It will happen. I just need a catchy name that doesn't suck. September 21st Starting in West Branch Iowa, ending in Amana. 1942 and older built in a traditional style, but what to call it???

8. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I started a thread for the inaugural Hawkeye Heritage Hot Rod run. I will be posting pictures and details there. September 21. Leaves from West Branch, Iowa, Ends in Amana, Iowa.