Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ted Wingate / Dave Stoll roadster, looking for more pictures/info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Justin B, May 9, 2019.

1. Justin B

Justin B

My buddy Brandon just picked up Ted Wingate's 1964 hot rod cover car roadster and we're going to do a semi (streetable) restoration on it. Looking for any pictures or info on the car that may be out there.

What we know,,, it was originally built by Dave Stoll of ventura (Dave was well known as being the partner with Hugh Tucker in the silver blown olds powered AA/SR chevy) he sold this roadster to Ted wingate sometime in '63, Ted ran the car for a couple years in so cal then moved to the Boston area around '67 and converted the car over to more street use. It was in the Wingate family up till recently when Brandon bought it. The car still has a lot of the original pieces, the complete Tony Nancy interior is still there, wood grained pierce arrow dash panel layed over an auburn dash, olds/Pontiac rear end, most of the suspension/ front end parts, and luckily the body remained in great shape all these years. He's on the hunt for the correct moon "weekender" fuel tank with the integral fuel pump, and a pair of small window halibrands for the front, but more than anything just looking for more info and pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These 2 pics were taken by "safarinut" on here sometime in the late 60's /early 70's at the east coast nats
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

How bout some Pics of the whole car currently? :cool:

3. alchemy

alchemy

Yeah, current pics!

loudbang and 51 mercules like this.
  4. pitman

pitman

Wow, a famous 'local' car. Used to see it at Amherst gathering, 4th Saturday's auto show.

bradv85 and loudbang like this.

5. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I seem to remember when I was a kid I had some Hot Rod cards, like baseball cards, and that shot of the two roadsters was one of them. Or am I just dreaming? There were all kinds of cards back then.

loudbang likes this.
  6. bchctybob

bchctybob

Another one of those classic, unforgettable cover cars surfaces. So cool that it still exists and in great shape! Wouldn't it be nice to see it restored to the racy version with street capability.

bradv85 and loudbang like this.
  7. So neat!

loudbang likes this.
  8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Wow, fantastic! Yes, more pics please.
    Is it still in the NE or back in Socal?

loudbang likes this.
  9. Justin B

Justin B

Brandon only took a couple pictures before dragging it over to my place to de-street rod it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It will end up looking pretty much like the cover car version just a little more friendly for the street

10. Justin B

Justin B

It's back in socal,

loudbang likes this.
  11. bradv85

bradv85

Yes, you are correct, not dreaming! In 1965 Donruss released the series in partnership with Hot Rod magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  12. Justin B

Justin B

Here's a few updated pictures, car is pretty close to the 64 cover version with a couple small updates to make it more streetable

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Contac Mark Sieniawski in Worcester, Mass. He was a friend of Ted Wngate. 1-508-853-1965, or cell
    # 1-508-864-0695.

loudbang likes this.