Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Thank you ! The Rodders Journal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, May 9, 2019.

1. Inkedtrj_LI.jpg So I have subscribed for years to TRJ magazine... Never had a one problem with a issue.. Till today, our wonderful USPS left and battered and torn TRJ envelope with Volume 81 inside.. Plane as day it says "DO NOT BEND"... Well they did that and some.. I contacted the folks at the TRJ, the gentleman who answered was very polite and professional.. After I explained what happened to my magazine. He put me on hold and told me lets go ask what can be done. After a brief hold came back on line.. We will have another out to you in a day or two. Great customer service today... Way to take care of a customer ...

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Ford52PU, BigO, charleyw and 15 others like this.
  2. banjorear

banjorear

One of the best in the biz!

3. 5window

5window

Glad it was resolved. The question is, what condition was the Journal? You didn't post a picture of that.

In contrast, my envelope arrived in perfect condition, hand delivered to me by our mail carrier. Because I live on a rural route, this meant she had to leave her vehicle and come up my driveway. The Postal Service delivers millions of pieces of mail a day and undoubtedly some get screwed up. But, overall, I think they do a hell of a job.

4. sure is, with so many stories regarding poor customer service.. they did right in my book. @roddersjournal

Ranchero59 and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. Several years ago ( 2008) the same thing happened to me, the staff at TRJ replaced it in just a few days. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. The magazine was pretty bent up.. the binding was broken in two spots. bind.jpg

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  7. I guess "DO NOT BEND " means nothing these days..

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now if only the Braindead Postie gets it...Not likely...We are blessed with one of those Mail Stuffers my way...Fingers crossed for you...

As alluded they are a minority and not the opposite...just sucks when you are their customer...;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. 5window

5window

Hmm. Perhaps it should say Do Not Bend or Fold. If I were the USPS, I guess I'd say, it got caught in a machine, what do I do with it now? And brought it anyway.

Stogy likes this.
  10. deucemac

deucemac

Too bag you can't get a replacement mail carrier!

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:
    It Does...that's what makes the Not Rocket Science hard
    to stomach as that's Got to be front and center one of a Posties biggest
    Job requirements is reading what the heck it says on the Package eh...

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    loudbang likes this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine just had the corners of the envelope chewed up. Magazine was perfect but I have a huge mailbox 0509192357.jpeg

Sent from my VS988 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy likes this.
  13. 1pickup

1pickup

Thanks @5window for being the voice of reason, when these other guys just love to bitch about things they know nothing about. The USPS handles millions of pieces of mail daily. So, this "Braindead Postie" sees first hand how things show up at the office with damage. Usually, it's a case of the sender not packaging correctly, then blaming the USPS when a it doesn't go through a machine like it should. However, there are occasional machine problems, & sh*t happens. Of course, if you are @Stogy, then apparently, your carrier hates you & purposely destroys your mail. I guess if one of my customers called me braindead, I might not be as careful with his mail either...

Fordors likes this.
  14. Bonneville Bob

Bonneville Bob

I have to agree with 5window and1pickup. So what did you do with the damaged goods? How about going back to the USPS and show them. Can’t quite figure out complaining to RJ??

Stogy likes this.
  15. jim snow

jim snow

I had the same thing happen with a much earlier issue. Talked to Steve and had a replacement issue in a few days. Most excellent customer service. Snowman

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. I don't think TRJ could do any better at packaging the magazine,it is shrink wrapped and a heavy gauge cardboard envelope.

Blaming the carrier for what happened to the magazine is just a knee jerk reaction, I'm sure it has a lot to do with the sorting machines but with the cost of the coffee table magazine it's easy to get upset about it being trashed.

The postal carriers, like any other profession are not immune to catching hell for something that is not their fault, they just happen to be the the person that has to deliver what's left as long as there is a address.

Case in point, I ordered a Mac's catalog and it never came so after a month of waiting I ordered another and I received it in a few days, about 2 months later I received a piece of the cover with my address, that's it a piece of the cover, there is no doubt in my mind that the USPS does their very best to deliver our mail, they could just toss the damaged goods in the trash and no one would be the wiser. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. 47ragtop

47ragtop

In my case I would just like to get # 81 !! Still waiting. By the way , we have the best carrier ever , she is always bringing packages to the house and putting them on the porch rather than just leaving them at the street.

lothiandon1940 and 5window like this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Excuse me...I have an approximately a 6"x 6" Square Postal Box (internal dim..Yeah it's Technical I know...o_O). I have received a number of items inserted bent or fit within the box that is perhaps 5.5 x 5.5" or less WHEN the Main Postal load door is closed as the opening IS smaller...Here's Stogy opening up cubicle sees box size of or stuffed in as some some are of course bigger with do not bend or crush or fragile stickers applied them...remember I have no idea What is in that package I have to pull a Houdini to get it out...I have near broke the small door...don't forget if the items long and has to come straight out and collides with the lock to boot...

This is the thing...I went civil and polite (yeah that's how I generally start) several times to the Post Office about these issues and presented video AND explained the technical aspects about how easy it is to insert mail in a 6x6 open square BUT when you close the Postal Box main door it reduces to opening with the access door and frame by about an inch so guess what...yeah it doesn't come out without a fight not to mention items damaged there have been several...including TRJ...

It's still happening why?...I know because I brought it to the attention of the Manager who controls these workers with video remember I just want my mail delivered intact undamaged and easy to remove, and get this there's bigger boxes below for oversize mail...of course I'm the problem...the whistleblower...WTF

It happened at my last residence as well...

0_20190105_235614.jpg

0_20190105_235656.jpg

0_20180807_151910.jpg
    :rolleyes:...this is my TRJ as well and it didn't come out easy
    and was damaged

0_20180525_211846.jpg
    :rolleyes:...This was a battle to get out without crushing...

Post Box1.JPG

After repeated Notification to the Post Office I still recieve mail improperly loaded...
    again this is QC and those responsible require technical training and apparently it is tough for SOME to comprehend...Remember I see it as soon as I open the door and if its personal THAT should be grounds for dismissal as well...Bullshit it is really....Do your job do it right...

Quoted below from the BRAINDEAD post...

"As alluded they are a minority and not the opposite...just sucks when you are their customer...;)"

Remember I have Politely addressed this Without anything remotely close to the Braindead comment but I will say after several visits to said Post Office my patience wears thin...but still I was nice...:confused:...What an Ass I am...SO again the whistleblower pays...service remains as usual (unpredictable) and I wonder why Our Postal Service is slowly fading...The Little Guy F'd again because he spoke out about shoddy service.

19. 1pickup

1pickup

@Stogy - Yup. You are right to be pissed. That is unacceptable. If your Postmaster gets to see those pics, & doesn't do something about it, you can go to USPS.com & file a complaint. Seriously, those pics should get action. Just as an aside, there are several things that come through the mail stream that have "do not bend" printed on them. Including your "important" correspondence from publishers clearing house. If it is sent bulk mail, those do not bend warnings are pretty much ignored. If you send something you don't want bent, send it first class or priority & your carrier SHOULD heed the warnings. Obviously, Stogy's carrier is an exception. My reaction to your previous post was knee-jerk. It gets old being blamed for everything that comes through the mail damaged, just because you are the one they see every day.

5window and Stogy like this.
  20. Needless to say this did not come of the mailbox in one piece.
    mailbox stuffed (Medium).jpg

Stogy likes this.
  21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@1pickup I'm actually your neighbor to the North but like everyone postal service and for that matter any service is only as good as the Team that is fulfilling the task...it starts from the Top down...Everyone counts.

Again I have visited the service several times and actually it is difficult to understand who is not doing the right thing...I am monitoring the situation which is hit and miss.

Keep up the good work...;)

22. Lil32

Lil32

I live on a country road and have no problem with RJ
    cos I buy mine at book shop
    any damage I see the clerk immediately
    81 has not arrived here yet

Stogy likes this.
  23. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

Man that thing got F’ed in a A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Received my replacement TRJ today...Thank you TRJ.. that's customer service... @roddersjournal