Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Spokane, WA - Matadors Car Club History..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caseyajones, May 9, 2019.

1. caseyajones

caseyajones

The Matadors Auto Club was one of two clubs formed by teens at the Medical Lake High School in 1962. The Matadors had several early twenties members from the USAF personnel stationed at nearby Fairchild AFB and several of the original Matadors members have maintained contact over the years, to the present. A gentleman named Wayne Moore apparently designed the red plaque as you see it here. They also had club shirts made shortly after the club was established. I am wondering, does anyone know any of the names of its former members or how to get into contact with any of them? Does anybody possibly know Wayne Moore? I'm trying to find out some history on the club as I am considering resurrecting the car club here in Spokane, WA. Any help would be appreciated! 20181206_201700.jpg

catdad49 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I would have said try Orville Moe, but he's been gone for a few years now. I don't know if his brothers' Earl and Maynard (boy that family had a penchant for odd names) are still around or not, and then there was a nephew or cousin (can't remember his name). For those that don't know, Orville Moe was the driving force behind Spokane Raceway, the drag strip, road course, and roundy-round track; he also was Mr. AHRA; then everything turned into sh*t soup for him, and he lost it all ($$$$ the root of all evil$$$$). Now the county owns the place. Might look into Jim Tice. The Facebook page for Deer Park Drag Strip has LOTS of names to look into. And what about HAMBER Jim Sibley? "It's a Matador"; old AMC commercial for that unusual car. Neat plaque; wish I could find one of The Handler's of Bremerton Raceway; not a lot of them were made, so they are impossible to find.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.