Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Looking for this car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by southcross2631, May 9, 2019.

1. southcross2631

southcross2631

I traded this car in a weak moment back in 2005. When during a divorce I thought I was done racing . My sponsor retired and ended our 12 year run.
    It is a Plymouth coupe with a Willys nose and was called Faded Memories . It went to Milwaukee, Wis. and vanished. I would like to at least know what happened to it even if I can't buy it back. Sorry for the reflections I took pictures of pictures. My avatar is the same car in a darker blue at the 2004 Hot Rod reunion. Any help would be appreciated. DSCF3474.JPG DSCF3475.JPG DSCF3470.JPG

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hope you find it. I looked for a car and found it after 40 years, couldn't buy it but it is good to know were it is. Bob

3. 37gas

37gas

That car was built by David Garneau from Mooresville NC about 20 years ago, thought it went to Florida. I have raced it many times with my old 40 chevy gasser. Back then it was red and said Riffraff on door, when dave sold the car he built a 55 chevy gasser with the same Riffraff on door

loudbang likes this.

4. southcross2631

southcross2631

I bought it from the guy in Florida . It was red then before I crashed it and rebuilt it and painted it blue.
    I talked to Dave about the car several times. He wanted the RIFF Raff name and that's why it became Faded Memories.
    Wrong Riff Raff.

5. loudbang likes this.
  6. southcross2631

southcross2631

Yes. I had just had neck surgery and had Alan Pope driving for me.

7. I live close to Milwaukee. I attend alot of car events and have never seen it. I will keep a closer eye out for it.

8. southcross2631

southcross2631

I am looking around ,but I can't remember the guys name that got it from me. He said he was going to put his daughter in the car . It probably scared the crap out of her the first time it put the front wheels 4 feet in the air and he got rid of it. He had a little garage on a side street not to far from down town.
    He struck me as a wheeler/ dealer who didn't keep cars too long.

9. pitman

pitman

Check the auto parts places, the garages out-back, typ. a good mech. will have heard, or helped the newer owner. Good to have a picture, when asking.
    Good luck!

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Could post want ad in the cars for sale section of Milwaukee C-list if you can get by with that now since the rules have changed, May not be as much traffic on there now but worth a shot.

11. Gasser Dave 1

Gasser Dave 1

That was a fun build / ride.
    Hope he finds it.