Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical wire kits

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Bruce's 31 Chevy, May 9, 2019.

1. looking to buy a wireing kit for my 31 chevy rod. was wondering which to but on how many circuts I need ? thanks bruce

2. demian5

demian5

Id contact painless wiring and ask them. Im sure this wouldn't be their first model like yours.

3. town sedan

town sedan

Look at Rebel Wire. Haven't used them, but Rebel34 is here on the HAMB and seems very willing to share his wealth of knowledge.
    -Dave

neverdun and fordflambe like this.
  4. fordflambe

fordflambe

Check out Rebel

neverdun likes this.

5. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I just installed a Speedway 12 circut in my 28 and it worked out great. Plenty of wire, I didn't use the cheap wire ends they sent with it. Instructions were good, wires all marked.

Automotive Stud likes this.
  6. How experienced at wiring are you ? Do you need to buy all the switches, relays and connectors also? If you need all the hardware that goes with the wiring then I recommend American Autowire. Their instructions are much better and more detailed than the simple sheets most of the other vendors provide. And you can get your switches and controls and connectors with their product.
    The number of circuits you need all depend upon what all you will have fused such as lighting, engine, wipers, radio, clock, turn signals,etc.

trollst and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Call the good folks at Rebel Wire and ask them.
    They saved my butt by diagnosing a mistake I made on mine, over the phone!
    100% sold on them and their service. I'll use them for everything I make now

neverdun likes this.
  8. The American Auto Wire kit has every thing you will need in one box and the detailed color instructions are broken down and easy to follow. I've used a bunch of these kits. HRP

trollst and Rich B. like this.
  9. chargin03

chargin03

American Auto Wire worked for me.

trollst and Rich B. like this.
  10. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another vote for Rebel

11. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Ceegan likes this.
  12. oj

oj

Painless isn't.
    I use American AutoWire and Enos (they're tits IMO) and some Ron Francis. American Autowire is professional quality stuff but for a hot rod that ENOS kit is top shelf.

trollst likes this.
  13. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I really like the $150 Speedway kit. I've used a few now with good results.

14. Ceegan

Ceegan

15. trollst

trollst

Whenever these posts appear, they always boil down to the same thing, bla, bla, bla....get this one or that one because its cheap or the guy will give you the support you need.
    It boils down to the experience you have with wiring, after all my years, I could use any kit and make it work, I got nearly everything I need to wire a car. If you haven't done any wiring, BUY AN EXPENSIVE, GOOD QUALITY KIT. American autowire is in my opinion, the best choice if you're new at wiring. Their kits come with EVERYTHING needed, switches, extra wire to the max, extra practice wire ends, and the absolute best instructions. Each part of the car is broken down into small sections, each section comes in it's own package, with specific instructions as to its use, a five year old can follow them, no support needed.
    No....I don't sell them, work for them, or represent them in any way other than using their products.

56don and Rich B. like this.
  16. fordflambe

fordflambe

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  17. thaks .

18. THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP;