Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Knoxville, Tennessee Nats South

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 11, 2019.

1. .........There seems to be something going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

NSRA added two new events for this year, one near Baton Rouge, LA, and the other in Albuquerque, NM. Maybe the change is already coming. NSRA is still making a mistake by not having an event in the Midwest somewhere. NSRA I believe shot themselves in the foot in 2010 when they put in the 30 year sliding rule into effect. I could have seen adding the late 50's but they went too far. I was a state rep then, and at the Nationals in Louisville that year I would have had more fun without my rep shirt on as I was hounded continuesly on why did NSRA do that to us. I know of a couple of clubs that dropped membership at that time

3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Happy anniversary HRP!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Times change, people change and event's change, having 2 big event's the same weekend pulls the vendors in different directions and the swap meet guys also.

I can't predict the weather or the future but I have a lot friends I see once a year and Knoxville seems to be convenient as far as a driving destination.

You can chose to support NSRA, Goodguys or nether one but no one wins when they host event's at the same time. HRP

5. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

That's great to hear! Cancer is a tough one, I'm glad you made it out alive! It sounds like you'll be ready to go just in time for summer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

The first and only time I ever met you Danny was in Knoxville probably ten years ago which is probably the last time I went.

7. Couple of weeks more of recovery and I am more than ready! Thanks

8. Was the meeting that traumatic? :D HRP

9. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Just an FYI. My bother in law goes to the GG Del Mar show in San Diego every year. The last two years the car count has gone down noticeably. He's a spectator. Gate price was $15. This year it was $25. He has had enough. San Diego has two large woody clubs and the largest woody gathering in the country.. Neither showed up to GG this year. Something is going on. Maybe the change from Gary to Marc.

10. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

That's interesting. $25 to get into the gate as a spectator! Both organizations are just for the money, and the love for old cars anymore

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. I was surprised at the big jump
    Then got an inferior show
    Something seems odd

12. I don't think it will change for the better unless we quit supporting them. When they realize why, perhaps it will go back to what worked for them before. My 2¢

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

its a mess but the times are changing. old guys are leaving one way or another, and the young ones are not into it. not enuff to keep the numbers up.

14. It’s never going back
    Change is constant. Fighting change will kill this hobby.
    The big shows waited too long to raise cut offs.
    I go to a few newer style car shows and they are full of young folks
    Also younger folks don’t relate to what they don’t see.
    Drive em is the best thing you can do to help

Not lobbying for any change here

i.rant and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  15. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I agree 100%. When their gravy train runs out then they will understand

16. I was told that the gate fee at Knoxville was 15 bucks which is way too much. HRP

17. WTF really

WTF really

It was $15.00 at the redneck rumble as well.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. Any good?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. It was 19!

20. .......Driving people away, one over-priced entry at a time.:rolleyes:

mcsfabrication and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. What did the charge your boys? HRP

22. WTF really

WTF really

It was half the size as last year but it was raining all day but yes it was ok for the weather. Last time when weather was nice it was really nice.

HOTRODPRIMER and anthony myrick like this.
  23. 5 yr olds and under free
    6-12 $6
    13+ $19
    So it was $44 for us 3 to get in.

24. That's too much. How can they get the youngsters interested when the little guys see how badly they are ripping off Dad!!!!!!:eek:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. That’s a bargain

GG is 50 for 2 non members
    40 for 2 members.

26. ...................Neither one seems like a bargain to me, a poor, old, fixed income retired hot-rodder.:D;)

27. I believe that under 16 should be free. Get these kids hooked and keep this hobby alive.

28. Yes sir! HRP

29. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

That would be a good start to trying to get kids interested in old cars!

30. Times have changed. I did enjoy all the NSRA and, the GG's shows in the past. But like Don said, with a fixed income, you have to make your $ count. I now like the smaller shows better. Like the Jalopyrama, Western Md. Rod roundup and, the Jalopy showdown ect. I usually camp with friends and, we bring our own food like hot dogs, burgers, and my famous root'en toot'en Chilli.:eek: I'd much rather spend my few $ dollars on gas and, food. Instead of spending it on the large shows. Just to see a bunch of late models and, rr's. But if you have the extra money to spend, they're still fun and, hay that's cool too! :)Ron....