Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Up coming Wisconsin Dells Automotion updates.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 0NE BAD 51 MERC, May 7, 2019.

1. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I am a member of the Dells Area Cruisers that put on Automotion in Wisconsin Dells. I am the in charge of selecting cars for awards and have been for 26 years. I just want to let folks that maybe coming that Noah's Arc is building a new building next to where we have always brought the show cars in. That entrance is blocked off and torn up. We will now have to bring the cars in at the venders entrance for the swap meet. This will limit us to a single lane. and if I remember right there is a couple speed bumps. expect a long line entering and exiting the show. There has also been some talk that the State Patrol maybe isueing tickets to cars without fenders. This comment was suppose to have come from a state trooper. whether it is true or not I do not know. We also have not been able to find a solution for the onslaught of young people coming to town with their cars and friends to cruise and party so Police presence is being increased again and fines for traffic violations are being increased as well . Some fine's are already 4 to 5 times what they are any other time. I have spent the last 27 years helping build this show up so I really hope to see you there but just thought people should be aware of potential problems. Larry

loudbang, wicarnut and Max Gearhead like this.
  2. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

When is it and could you tell us a little about it? I was in Wisconsin Dells a couple years ago, nice place.
    It that “ Noah’s Ark” the same bunch from Kentucky? We visited it on the way back from FE reunion two weeks ago.

Bones

loudbang likes this.
  3. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

We will be at Automotion Thursday-Sunday. I've never been to that event. We are hauling my Mercury there. I'm looking forward it. I hope to see you there. I have no idea what I'm doing but 6 of us will be there with my car and and an O/T pickup truck. Any pointers would be appreciated.

loudbang likes this.

4. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Casey . If you are trailering your car, leave the trailer at the motel . There is no place to unload anywhere near the show. Do not try to be the first one in the gate. Getting into the show this year with the construction is going be a slow moving long line . Gates open at 7 but if it was me I would wait till 8 or so . I am a big Merc lover so I will be looking to check yours out! Larry

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    loudbang and Casey Riley like this.
  5. greg37

greg37
    from mi.

I really hope everything goes smooth and everyone has a great time, but from what I read on other post the WSP and others are really coming down hard on fenderless cars or anything modified. If I'm from out of state and get ticketed I couldn't afford to return to Wisconsin for a court appearance . This is like the hot rodders worst nightmare , most of us respect the law and just want to enjoy our cars of course there are those that are the complete opposite, and when the police and government get involved that's when SEMA and other organizations need to get involved.. Other states may try to follow.

loudbang likes this.
  6. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Greg the only modified cars that are in question are the fender less cars. There are no laws that prohibit us from modifying our cars . There are statures that limit certain mods such as lift or lowering limits . tires sticking out to far ect. But the fender laws depending how you interpet them is the gray area that is in question and needs to be clarified. Right now the State Patrol interpets that fenders are required and are issuing tickets on cars that are not running fenders and they are being fought in court. Hopefully we will get answers in June when the case in Dodgeville goes to court. If your avatar picture is your car most cops I know including a few State Troopers will give you a big thumbs up! Not a ticket. Larry

loudbang likes this.
  7. A Boner

A Boner

The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Hate to say it because of the people promoting the show would suffer, but if lots of people would cancel, and the hotel owners would be really upset. Thanks to the WSP! I wouldn't go there this year on a bet!

Dizzie, loudbang and milwscruffy like this.
  8. It will be a very interesting car show season and how it all plays out. Good luck and happy travels to the fenderless guys.

9. Feel sorry for the people who have worked hard for years promoting this, but it's amost putting yourself in the cross-hairs going there. Thanks tuners and WSP.

loudbang likes this.
  10. Great place for a weekend. Just don,t follow the DUKWs :cool: all the way, you'll get wet :D. DUKW.jpg WisconsinDellsDucks.jpg

11. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Larry, where is the vendor entrance?
    Thanks, Fenderless Gary

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  12. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Gary . it is the first entrance , just past the restaurant on the corner. There will be people directing you in. The gates open at 7 and since most people will not know about the entrance change I am sure the line is going to be long and slow first thing. If it was me I might wait till after 8. Sadly I have to be there at 5:30. Hope to see you there and if you see a guy wandering around putting award stickers on cars, stop me and say hi! lol Larry

13. greg37

greg37
    from mi.

The 54 was my last car, I now have a 32 Ford 3 window of course it's fenderless. Oh Well no DELL !!