Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Single-Barrel Air Cleaner ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Keefe, May 8, 2019.

1. I need some help identifying this particular aftermarket air cleaner for a friend's restoration project. We have three and are in need of one more. It has a flat top, four pairs of louvers and of course, is chrome-plated. It looks much like the ones you see at Speedway Motors or Summit, except those usually have a concave top and sets of three louvers. It was probably made in the early to mid 1960s. Any help identifying the manufacturer or leads for the purchase of one or more of them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Don Keefe
    585-489-9826
    [email protected] 59663861_442481349847487_8362504846632288256_n.jpg

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Google Badger air cleaner.

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Looks like what you want.

4. We tried that and nothing came up, which made me think that perhaps that wasn't the correct manufacturer.

5. If you have a link to a specific item, please let me know. Thanks!

6. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

They are not in business . You will have to look on ebay , here or swap meets .

7. Squablow

Squablow

I just checked my stash but I don't have any exactly like that. I've got one with 4 sets of louvers but it's got a recessed top. I'll keep an eye out for another one like yours.

8. I have looked through hundreds of photos and though I didn't find an exact match, my educated guess is that it is a Cal Custom, as the two and four-barrel designs have all of the same design characteristics, primarily the smooth top and curve from the top into the sides.

9. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

And buy a couple of generic 6 cylinder ones to provide bases as you find them. You are likelier to find the top you need on a 2 barrel base, so grab a base when you see it! I think the same tops were used, and old V8 cleaners will be much more common than six.

Moriarity likes this.
  10. Thanks for the tip. I hope that we find what we need. This particular design is required to be "correct for the build."

11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Well , I found a pic of a duplicate of what you described on my phone by typing in and Badger air cleaner. Then went on PC and could not find.

12. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Vochocinema.blogspot.com comes up when I type in badger air cleaner hit images on yahoo.

13. squirrel

squirrel

louvers look a little different...

badger2.jpg badger1.jpg

14. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I'd send you my Badger catalog, but someone tore out the order blank long ago.

Moriarity likes this.
  15. Would anyone have access to an old Cal Custom, Gratiot, Midwest or Speedway catalog that might include a photo and part number for this air cleaner? I have been searching all week to no avail. Thanks in advance.