Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Late '31 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan Body

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by chiro, Apr 19, 2019.

1. chiro

chiro

City: Long Island

State: New York
    Price: $3500.00
    I'm converting my running, driving Tudor Hot Rod to a coupe. Hence the Tudor body is up for grabs. This is a really nice body. All patch panels have been installed and a pretty nice job if I must say so. They were not done by me, but by the previous owner of the body. The passenger side quarter patch in front of the wheel opening could use to be redone but that is your call (weld job is not the prettiest on that one, but some time with a shrinking disc, hammer and dolly should fix it up). The rest are really good. New sub-rails from the doors back, new wheel openings (one welded in, the other put in with panel bond and it hasn't moved a bit in over 5000 miles of driving). Rear subrails have been trimmed and finished to accommodate a frame height kick up as in the Bishop/Tardel book. Rear pan inside has been modified to handle that as well. Will include the battery tray in back. Has a complete new wood kit in it.

Body comes with the fenders, a windshield, a gas tank (cowl cover, not the tank in the passenger compartment. I'm using that one in the coupe), filler panel between cowl cover and dash, all garnish moldings, door tops, metal fill pieces above the door openings (VERY hard to find) and original Ford two piece OEM rain gutters (also VERY hard to find). Also comes with the modified inside rear pan. Body does NOT come with the front windshield header cap panel (keeping that for the coupe). Also does NOT come with the floors (using them in the coupe), or the home made custom seat riser.

The only rot is an extremely small area below the stock spare tire mount in the back. Look closely at photo. It's so small you might not even see it. A few small dings in the body., mostly on the rear panel below rear windshield. One repaired bullet hole just to the right of rear windshield opening. Driver door has no rot or patch panel (original). Passenger door has a very nicely tig welded 4" patch panel. Front frame extensions are in excellent condition. Indented firewall (late '31) set up for flathead (obviously) with Chevy 216 inline 6 valve cover used as a recess (nicely done). This recess retains almost all of the original lines of the firewall without the shoebox look of larger recesses.

This is a great body for the asking price, considering all the parts it comes with, the work already done and the fact that it is "drop on your frame and go" ready. Hit me up if you want more pics. It will take me only a couple of days to get it stripped and off the chassis.
    Hit me up with questions or requests for more pics/details. Asking $3500.00.
    Andy
    image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image4.jpeg image5.jpeg image6.jpeg image7.jpeg image8.jpeg IMG_0151.jpg

2. chiro

chiro

3. chiro

chiro

Bumpty bump

4. chiro

chiro