Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Just bought T roadster / bucket old show car pictures wanted

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Youngster51, May 6, 2019.

1. Youngster51

Youngster51
    from Fresno ca.

4B3BECC6-4B13-428B-9D40-A0802D461432.jpeg i bought this old show car all steel T roadster so far I found out that it was painted in 1970 and shown at the Oakland Roadster show in 1973. When I bought the car the owner said there was a room full of old show trophy’s magazines and other stuff when he moved into the house which he threw away the car was sitting in the garage he pushed it to the back yard and the blower and valve covers were stolen off it for aluminum scrap It has an old Andy’s picnic decal on the oil pan also. I’ve searched the internet and came up with one photo that shows the car in the back ground at the Oakland roadster show. I’m searching for any other pictures magazines or info on the car thanks 9A311927-6F37-4478-8D2A-1309DE2892F6.jpeg 8121C384-264C-4EBF-BB73-7E6AD174AD9C.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

What a dumbarse, who pushes something like that into the backyard and just leaves it there?

dana barlow and cactus1 like this.
  3. If it was in the 73 Oakland show I saw it. But I don't remember it. That's a cool T. Going to take some work, but worth it.

4. Youngster51

Youngster51
    from Fresno ca.

5. That’s neat! I love the mustang taillights and have been threatening to do something similar on my next build just to hear the groans!

6. Youngster51

Youngster51
    from Fresno ca.

7. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Who the hell moves out of a house and leaves that behind? And I thought I was crazy...

8. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. rudestude

rudestude

This is one that I had in the early to mid 80's, car was built in 73-74 , the Mustang tail lights were being hung on everything in them years.
    That's a cool find you got there ,when you get it up and running again you need to find the guy that put it out side and take him for a spin , by dragging him down the road behind the car. 1557207981536~2.jpeg 1557208007669~2.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. exterminator

exterminator

11. BJR

BJR

What a waste of expensive chrome!!!!!:eek: That would cost a small fortune to replace all that stuff today.

VANDENPLAS and dana barlow like this.
  12. I was never a fan of that style but as I get older...I am getting to really look at them in a different light now...a very cool timepiece for sure...glad you got to save it...

MikeC

chryslerfan55 and dana barlow like this.
  13. "We killed him last night. Tied him to a car and dragged him."
    ~Joe

chryslerfan55 and rudestude like this.
  14. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

A quick change too! Are even the brake and fuel lines chromed?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

What an idiot!

16. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

You a and your judgemental friends have no idea what the circumstances were behind that car being abandoned , health issues , domestic issues , legal problems , loss of employment , etc..Here's hoping none of you ever find yourselves in a situation similar to what caused this car to be forgotten ...or that others don't demean you for your situation ....

17. Youngster51

Youngster51
    from Fresno ca.

Yep all the brake lines fuel lines floor everything chromed

chryslerfan55 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  18. Youngster51

Youngster51
    from Fresno ca.

The story I got the old man that built and owned the car died the grandson got the house and did not care sold it to a buddy and left everything also left a 1956 T bird mild custom which was already sold when I got there

19. bchctybob

bchctybob

Ahhhh, all that chrome, ruined! I've got a similar situation with my roadster, lots of old chrome underneath that's ruined. Lots of work (or money) to get the stuff presentable again. What a shame. Great find anyway. It was very cool in it's heyday.
    As to Mr "your so judgemental" above, I can think of plenty of ways to get rid of an old car, even on my death bed, and none of them involve pushing it into the backyard to rot. Seems mighty foolish to me.
    Hey, at least it survived and is in good hands.

chryslerfan55, WB69 and Youngster51 like this.
  20. Squablow

Squablow

Is that a radio and speaker installed underneath the car?! This car is really wild, with a ton of custom stuff done to it, I'm very glad it's in good hands now. To me, it seems like it's still very much intact enough to be preserved/repaired, and appears to have been a high quality build when new. Shame about the storage damage and loss of parts/trophys/history but moving forward is more important now.

21. Youngster51

Youngster51
    from Fresno ca.

Yes under the seat there is a 8 track player and two 6x9 speakers

chryslerfan55, cactus1 and Squablow like this.
  22. Youngster51

Youngster51
    from Fresno ca.

There is a ton of custom work done the firewall has been moved to the left it has under the dash cowl steering with a power box and power steering pump and the pitman arm is under the dash the cowl has been tilted forward and also the radiator/ grill to match everything has been molded the door welded up still finding stuff out the transmission was fully polished the car only had 15 miles on it from driving in and out the trailer

chryslerfan55 and Squablow like this.
  23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was probably still a pretty nice car when it got shoved outside but it is a long way from the first prized possession of someone who passed away that was deemed worthless and in the way by the descendants of said person. At least it didn't get cut up for scrap or given to and hauled off by the scrap yard like a couple of pretty nifty rigs I knew about or cut in half to make a trailer like the 41 Willys pickup I tried to buy when I was in high school. There are worse fates for the old cars.

dana barlow and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. probably some tree hugging hippie, that bought the house , & thinks all those "old" cars should be junked

25. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never seen a car that needed a driveline loop to protect the stereo system. :cool:

Squablow likes this.
  26. Nice T! It would be a huge project to get it back to show finish, but probably worth it.

27. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

If your concerned with your car(s) on your deathbed , your really a sorry excuse for a human being ....

28. Youngster51

Youngster51
    from Fresno ca.

Anyone have any early mid 70’s Bay Area car show pictures Andy’s picnic or others

29. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Getting just a little judgemental yourself there aren't you Mr. Judgemental. Just saying everyone can have an opinion, see even you.

30. :rolleyes:
    Let’s all get along, or move along and don’t get this thread locked.

Super cool find.
    Take some more pics, we can all speculate why..... who cares why.... you got it NOW !!! And that’s all that matters.
    What are the plans ?

4BB26889-D01F-4C83-9456-A3C4B34D2185.png
    We can disagree on things but we are all the same inside..... just look !:eek:o_O