Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Death Sentence

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackrat40, May 4, 2019.

1. Moon50F3

Moon50F3

May God give you peace and strength.

2. 6inarow

6inarow

I never know what to say when I read these threads. But this post says it all. X2

3. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

>

Same here. Adding my prayers to the rest of them. Doctors can be wrong, stay strong and keep the faith. We all wish you the best! I want to see pictures of you driving your 40, and the way your friends are going, it shouldn't be long.

4. Praying! I also live in the area and will help if I can. Can you post up a list of parts you need? Maybe guys that can't contribute labor can contribute from the parts hoard. I have a few 40 parts leftover from my sedan build, but not much, mostly random things.

5. Well you are a lucky man to have such good friends. Kudos to them and you.

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

Thoughts and prayers sent from Kentucky.

7. Ron Emerson

Ron Emerson

I really would like to purchase a 1940 ford coupe, BUT NOT YOURS. Good luck and keep pushing. My Wife and I will keep you and your family and your family of friends in our Prayers also. Driving your 40 will put that lasting smile on your face that no body can or will remove. God Bless.
    Ron and Mary Emerson.

8. Nothing better than great friends especially with your prognosis. Hope you will finish your car soon and can still enjoy it for a (long) while.
    Good Luck, Hennie

9. Hombre

Hombre
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mickey sent you a message, after you read it post up your thoughts and give me a call.

loudbang, Stogy and Deuces like this.
  10. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

I tentatively plan to be in my shop tomorrow(5/7)for a couple of hours.
    Thanks for your offer Dan. I think I have all the parts. My buddies are pressing forward!

11. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Our thoughts and prayers are with you .

blackrat40, Hombre, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  12. Hey Mick,
    Hang tight there ..as long as we have been friends..I finally reached 86...Bless you for the future.
    Bobby

13. RMONTY

RMONTY

I'm not off work until 3 PM. Usually coming through McKinney about 3:30. Reckon you'll be done by then?

14. My prayers go out to you and all that are able to be there. Wish I was closer to help turn some wrenches. God bless you and keep the faith

15. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Hang in there, it is not over until the Fat Lady sings.

6inarow, Stogy, blackrat40 and 4 others like this.
  16. Hey @blackrat40
    I just happened to see your thread yesterday. While I wish I lived closer, so I could help with the wrenching on your '40, but since I can't do that, I will be praying for you. Praying for healing, strength, wisdom, and peace.

17. I am, as others, at a loss for good words to say - you will be in my thoughts and prayers. You are certainly blessed to have the friends and family you have. Many blessings to you, your family, and your friends .....

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  18. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Yeah I'll probably be toast by 3:30. The chemo therapy treatments usually make me really tired. I'm
    usually good for a couple of hours before noon and then I need to lay down the rest of the day. I'm planning to be in the shop Saturday from about 10a until noon if you can make it.

19. belair

belair

Do all you can for as long as you can. God bless you, your family, and those buddies of yours.

Thor1, Fordor Ron, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  20. Don't mean to create thread drift, but any of you guys 40 or older, get a PSA and if it's over 3 or 4, get the damn biopsy no matter what you've been told. I shrugged it off for a few years and now am paying the price dearly.

21. RMONTY

RMONTY

Great! I'll be by Saturday morning to lend a hand. Let me know if I can bring anything that might be needed...looking forward to meeting you!

22. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Car, and biker friends are the best in the world. Without a doubt they do show up and humble us, when most needed. Keep plugging away, and I hope that you get to at least hear that 40 fire. Prayers to you and yours.

23. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Here's a pic of an old high school buddy who's pitching in to help. He's a retired wood shop
    teacher from the Dallas Ind. School Dist. He is going to rebuild and install the original package
    tray that goes behind the seats! BTW, any recommendations for buying a headliner?
    Gage.jpg

24. silverdome

silverdome

Just saw this thread. Cancer sucks. I'll send a prayer or three for sure but in the meantime. Have you checked in to getting on a donor list? I don't even know if it's possible for a person with cancer but my brother who was on dialysis for failing kidneys from having diabetes got a new kidney and pancreas from a donor. It saved his life and now he doesn't have to take insulin. God bless the donor and God bless you. I hope all turns out well.

25. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for your interest buddy. I have checked on many approaches. CBD seems to be helping.

PTSchram, loudbang, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  26. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

^^^ This. It's all any of us can do. We have the same sword hanging over our head, we just haven't been told when it will fall as you have.

Absolutely. If I lived closer I'd come over to help any way I could and just to let some of their humanity and goodness rub off on me. Your Godly-ness in thinking of your wife in this hard time is inspirational. May God bless you.

Thor1, PTSchram, catdad49 and 6 others like this.
  27. reagen

reagen

Prayers from north royalton, ohio GOD bless

Thor1, Deuces, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  28. goldenidolcustoms

goldenidolcustoms
    from Pa.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.I watched an interveiw of a man who beat cancer 15 years ago.He has a book out and I beleive the name of it is Chris beats cancer.This is the real deal.You should be able to find it through amazon.I saw it interveiw on the 700 club.

raven, Deuces, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  29. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Two guys came by the shop to help this morning. They got the dummy engine and trans.
    pulled out. RMonty from the HAMB and my brother Roy. Need ideas for removing guide
    dowels from bell housing.
    Robin1.jpg RMonty
    work.jpg My bro Roy

30. Deuces

Deuces

A slide hammer is great for removing those dowels.... ;)