Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1951 1952 1953 Oldsmobile wire wheel covers

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by 54delray, Apr 28, 2019.

1. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

City: Fremont

State: Nebraska
    Price: SOLD
    MildOldswithWires.jpg SOLD Set of 4 rare Accessory Wire Wheel Covers for early 50's Olds. The do not mount like a regular snap on wheel cover. A steel plate with 5 lug holes would hold the wire outer portion to the wheel. The small center caps snap in once the outer wire section was secured. I do not have the steel mounting plates.

This type of accessory cap/cover was offered for many 50's cars. I've seen them for Cadillac, Buick, Dodge, Plymouth etc.... From the pics I've seen, they are the same outer wire set up with a different center cap.

This set needs cleaning. Road rash present on one of the center caps and also on one of the wire outers where the center cap mounts. Two other wire outers have noticeable marks/indents where the center caps were once pried off. One valve stem hole has a small tear. See pictures and ask questions.

SOLD $33 plus $22 shipping to lower 48 U.S. ALLIANCE members get half off shipping to same DSCN2046.JPG DSCN2048.JPG DSCN2049.JPG DSCN2050.JPG DSCN2045.JPG DSCN2051.JPG

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

Found the Black and Gold Olds pic on the HAMB. Never knew these could look so cool on a mild custom

Dan_Sedan28 likes this.