Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Death Sentence

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackrat40, May 4, 2019.

1. mopacltd

mopacltd

No '40 parts here, but will help in any way I can. Motor home is always loaded and will make a trip your way to help complete your project.

2. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

How far are you from Trenton, Texas? It's a tiny burg near Bonham. We have a shop that normally has a couple year waiting list to get in the door but if your buddies need say a lift (both 2 post and drive on), any type welder, lathe, mill, or you name it and can trailer it to the shop for a weekend (or two) I will keep the shop open for you on Saturday and/or Sunday. This hits close to home as my younger brother was a victim of pancreatic cancer and now his son and my nephew runs the shop. Not much help from me sweat wise as my old pump is wearing out but I'm 82 so it's normal. Not good for much but I can still turn a key in the shop door. God Bless.

wheeler.t, cavman, Thor1 and 25 others like this.
  3. Will be thinking of you and your great friends. Prayers sent for you and your family. God Bless.

Thor1, lothiandon1940, zzford and 9 others like this.
  4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

What great friends!!
    You and your family are in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

Thor1, chryslerfan55, dwollam and 7 others like this.
  5. Wishing you the BEST if luck and prayers sent.Bruce.

Thor1, lothiandon1940, zzford and 8 others like this.
  6. catdad49

catdad49

Not much more to add other than praying for You, Your Family, and Friends. A Man is Measured by the Company He Keeps. Seems to me that you Measure Up Pretty Near the Top. Hope to see you in that 40 Soon, Carp!

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  7. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Wow, so sorry for your situation guy, I am at a loss for good words. I have a pretty good stash of 40 stuff and would be happy to donate any to the build.

8. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Good luck. Pancreatic is a bitch. Do what you can, while you can. Good to see you’ve got some good friends there to help.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Your attitude is the best.

10. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Blackrat, I'm not very good at finding the right words at times like this. Just want to let you know I'll be praying for you and your family and God Bless those great friends of yours.
    Jim

Thor1, chryslerfan55, zzford and 11 others like this.
  11. RMONTY

RMONTY

I live 2 minutes from coilover's shop so if you end up over there be sure and let me know!

Hombre, dwollam, catdad49 and 7 others like this.
  12. What a great group of friends you have. In that way you are blessed. I wish you the very best. I lost a good friend to pancreatic cancer and wished I could have done more for him. Again, my very best wishes to you.

13. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for your generous offer. I live in McKinney, TX. (about 20 mi. north of Dallas). I don't think
    I will need a lift as I already have the new rear end in ('67 Firebird posi) and the transmission in. We
    plan to remove the dummy engine and put the new rebuild in it in the next 2 weeks. Visit if you like.
    I'm 75 and not good for much in the work dept. but still love to talk hot rods!

14. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

You Hot Rod guys are the best friends! Thanks for your generous offer!

15. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for your generous offer! I can't think of any parts I need.

16. F&J

F&J

... I hope you prove the Doctors wrong on their timeframe prognosis of your illness. There should always be hope, rather than just to submit. Months perhaps could turn into years, ......and immune systems flourish when surrounded by genuine well wishers & friends.

17. Deuces

Deuces

You hang in there tough guy!!!.... We'll be prayin' for ya.......

18. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Blessings to you,your family,those dear friends you have. I will hold out for a miracle for you and much needed strength for you in the coming days and months .

19. Your story is one we hear all to often. I too have thoughts of selling off stuff so my wife won’t need to deal with it. Right now I wait for lab results. We shall see! You have great friends and support. You will be in my prayers. I hope and pray you prove the doctors wrong. New treatments surface every day. Stay as positive as possible. God bless!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

20. I am saddened to learn of your diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. I have bone marrow cancer, and my disease is in control now, but I have never been in remission. I was given a year to live 31 years ago, and although it has been exceedingly difficult at times, I am still here playing with my toys one day at a time.
    I know this is a difficult time for you and your family, but it is wonderful to learn that you have a bunch of buddies that are right beside you to give you the support you need. I know a couple of people that have actually outlived the predictions the doctors gave them. I believe that anything is possible. I had to learn to forget about the day I was going to die, and start thinking about living every day I have to the max.
    Best wishes to you, your family, and your buddies. I hope you get to drive that forty for a lot of years.
    Bob

21. enigma57

enigma57

Our family will keep you in our thoughts and in our prayers for a full recovery.

I worked with a gentleman before I retired who had the same form of cancer as yours. Doctors removed his pancreas. Because of that, he is now diabetic, but he is still with us and its been nearly 15 years since his operation.

In my own case, I had 2 operations 6 years ago to remove cancer from inside my ear canal. So far, it has not come back.

Don't surrender. Fight this. Cancer can be overcome!

G-d bless,

Harry and Family

PTSchram, catdad49, Funrunr and 8 others like this.
  22. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

Great people have great friends,
    You sir have great friends,

Looking forward to reading about you driving that car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Sorry to hear.....send me a PM as needs arise or if your guys need a break....I take direction pretty well.....

24. gene-koning

gene-koning

Dates doctors give is just a guess, and they have been proven wrong before. I will join the others in the prayer that the Doctors are wrong in your case as well and you have many more years to go.

Even then, its a good plan to live every day to its fullest. We don't have to have some doctors death sentence to start living life that way, we can begin to do that now and have a more full life. Gene

25. RMONTY

RMONTY

Shoot me a PM about what days you are going to be working on your car and where in McKinney you are. I'd like to stop in and shake your hand, lend a hand where I can, and maybe make some new friends. I would be honored.

26. v8flat44

v8flat44

Prayers for complete healing sent your way. What a GR8 bunch of friends & very kool car.
    Be blessed & encouraged, you are a brave fella ! mike

27. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

F CANCER!!!!!!

Ziggster, PTSchram, Funrunr and 6 others like this.
  28. j3harleys

j3harleys

What every body has said X2. GOD BLESS!

29. I hope sweet memories of those old times are filling your thoughts and you are making new memories to fill any space left over. God bless you, your family and all your helpful friends.

30. PC is what killed my wife almost 5 years ago, I wish you all the best luck in the world. Best bet is to keep moving, no matter how slow you go.