Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Guide or BLC 682 series headlights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bustingear, May 5, 2019.

1. bustingear

bustingear

Can anyone tell me where to find the best prices on new Guide or BLC headlight trim ring bezels? I understand there are steel, chrome and stainless. I have several buckets needing some. Also have not ruled out finding used ones as well.
    Thanks

2. de-fenders

de-fenders

Try OTB gear for replacement headlight rings for Guide/BLC headlights

RICH B and Nailhead Jason like this.
  3. rusty valley

rusty valley

i just bought some recently on ebay, seller was "v8 shop". 50+8 for shipping. now heres what you get, the rims look nice, but the hardware for the screw to clamp it tight is very wimpy, and it is made too tall so the bracket hits the bulb retainer and will not allow the rim to seat tight against the retainer and bulb. leaves about a 3/16 gap at the bottom and real guide rims are nice and tight there. i have several junk rims here and plan to drill out the rivets and use original hardware for the clamp. hope it shows in the pic, this a 1937 Pontiac multi IMG_0463.JPG beam i converted to sealed beam

Attached Files:

4. I have bought several sets of rings from OTB Gear, they have all fit like the original rings.
    compare.JPG screw.JPG

5. bustingear

bustingear

yep i see the gap

6. bustingear

bustingear

i am told 39 chevy car rings are same is it true? Any others years and models that are same?

7. rusty valley

rusty valley

mr bustingear, guide was a suppler for gm, perhaps even owned by gm? dont know, but stylewise, in about 36 the trend for smaller lenses came into vogue, so my guess is that many gm products from 37 until the sealed beam arrived in 1940 are the same size. some are painted, some have a thin stainless ring at the front of the painted ring, and i believe the chrome ones were on the commercial side like white trucks, diamond t trucks etc. common stuff really, but finding two without dents is another thing!!! ps...i hate when you look at one in a load at a swap meet that has a fresh dent in it from that trip!

8. alchemy

alchemy

I just picked up a pair of Guide lights at a swap on Saturday. Nice lights (for under $20!), but the rings have dings. I might try a pair of the OTB rings when the time comes.

9. Ratspit

Ratspit

Here is a set of 37 Packard buckets. The 39 Chevy rings fit perfectly on these. 37 packard headlights.jpg