Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Project....1938 Fiat Topolino.....Lil Beast...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Atypikauto

Atypikauto

I love this hot-rod, one of the most beautiful fiat topolino hot-rod for me! Congratulations.
    I'm also building a simca 5 hot-rod right now and that gives me ideas for the future!

loudbang likes this.
  2. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

2012-11-24 09.40.45.jpg
    So I figured that at 6foot and an inch and closing in on 260 lbs, that really there was no chance that I would fit into a "street legal Topo Altered.

Fortunately I sold it to a younger (and way skinnier) local hot rodder whose dad instilled in all his boys what cool stuff looks like. Hes on the money, big time which makes the sadness of abandoning the dream okay. (And Im feeling like I might need a 53 Stude coupe so I should be okay)

Orpwood 1.jpg

Attached Files:

3. bathcollector

bathcollector

You sold a Topolino body but only offered us a Nash ?? Jeez Todd.

4. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

I do happen to have a very nice fibreglass Topolino body available Bathy.

Taken off my wifes Topo before Uncle Raymondo painted it, so its got good provenance if that matters. Its one of three from our mold, and neither of the other two got doors or a nose so realistically, its 1 of 1.

Car has full roof, separate doors and a one piece nose thats about 2 inches longer than a stocker. Perfect hot rod fodder. Maverick discounts available on application

26 T Ford RPU, mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  5. bathcollector

bathcollector

That'd be right. We had a box of scorched almonds, sold them. But we have another box that we have sucked the chocolate off, interested ? :)

GasserTodd and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  6. Atypikauto

Atypikauto

hello topolino kid, can you give me the width of your axle housing and it's origin? thanks!
    "excuse me for my english,i'm french !"

Attached Files:

7. Mark was last on the HAMB 3 months ago so don't expect a fast reply to your question and your English is just fine.:) JW

8. 20190504_200250.jpg

Surgery screwed up 2018...Lil Beast got fired up and moved from one side of garage to the opposite....to the spot where my 84 944 was stored for 17 years lol..

But picked up a pair of Mickey Thompson Sportsman 29 x 12.50-15 hides to try out late last fall....taller then the small radials...which ride nice..butt ugly though....shorter and hopefully better riding then the big Radir piecrust cheater..for sure way lighter...
    So i guess we're back!! Tons to do...a couple of summers cruising around...time to start on all the small issues...

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    catdad49, OahuEli and mad mikey like this.
  9. Great to see you back, Mark and Lil Beast for sure !! :cool::) JW

mad mikey likes this.
  10. Glad you are back Mark. Always great to see the Lil Beast.:)

11. Talked wife into going to last cruise in of the year at local..1 mile each way..first time she has rode in Lil Beast...was a terrible day at work..so she's showing her gloomy face..good show..she came to realise how rare the car is..draws a crowd everywhere it goes...was good time...
    Second pic was yesterday..i turned 63 and spent the day cruising around..stopped at park by local river for a break

Attached Files:

12. loudbang

loudbang

Good to see you are still posting. :)

13. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Updates to about now, would be really encouraging for the small, but dedicated Topo crowd.

Im thinking that if I dont start on a Topo soon (I have a Tupperware body with opening doors stashed away for "later"), that I will become too old to be able to actually fold up into one.

But I have lost about 30 pounds since my peak, so maybe "Skinny Me" should get on with it

OahuEli, mad mikey and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  14. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

One for sale this week on Trade Me, TM May 2022 2.jpg TM May 2022 3.jpg our NZ online auction site (similar to E Bay)

NZ $3500 so about US$2400. Looks relatively rust free for a Fiat.

TM May 2022 1.jpg

catdad49, 26 T Ford RPU and 34 GAZ like this.