Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paint Drying Times

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by RednekYoga, May 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. RednekYoga

RednekYoga

Hi all -
    I'm excited to be painting my 63 Comet this weekend. It's gonna be about 65 degrees, and I've got my garage made into a paint booth with intakc and exhaust fans and all that. It might be more like 70-72 in the garage because it'll be closed off. I'm using a single stage acrylic enamel that says no reducer required (optional) and I have hardener. I'm wondering how long to wait between coats, and even how many coats would you recommend.
    Thanks as always.
    Aaron

2. You need to ask this on the main discussion forum instead of the intro section.

3. Read the tech sheets
    Make sure you have enough paint because if it is ready to spray it will be thin and probably cheap because it's Half thinner in the can

4. If this your first experience with this paint or with painting in general as it sounds; might be a good idea to do a test panel. An old hood, flat metal shelve, etc. Prep paint per the instructions; better learning the attributes there, than on the whole car.