Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical OLD BUICK CAPS ON RIVIERA STEEL WHEELS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, Apr 30, 2019.

1. I will post a few pictures of what I am trying to do ; I have first generation 63-65 Riviera steel rims - 15 inch , 5x5 bolt pattern , 6 inch wide .
    They have the four slots / holes in them to bolt on the optional cast aluminum
    Turbine wheel covers . I would like to find the right clips to run the older 11 inch dog dish caps on these rims . Any ideas guys ? As you can see I tried a clip already that’s available from Cars / Buick parts .... not even close !
    Thanks for any insight ! [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

What year model are those hub caps? In my experience anything from about 1940 or ‘41 fits the wheel style and with those clips. I have added the clips to wheels before with no issues except when there was only the slot and not the rivet hole. I drilled the rivet holes with a home made template.....one wheel cap fit fine the other did not. It was a bit loose. I am certain I was off a very small about with the drilled hole and it makes a difference in how the clip fits.

3. I made this post for someone else, I'm sure he'll chime in.

4. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

All you need is a set of snap-in clips from a pre '66 Pontiac or pre '58 Olds. I get them from used wheels, but understand they're also being reproduced.

Hnstray likes this.