Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Knoxville, Tennessee Nats South

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 11, 2019.

1. You wife might like the women's world which is upstairs in the main exhibition building, they usually have a lot of things the lady's like, there is plenty of parking around the park, I have parked under the trees near the pond, on the hill across the pond and behind the exhibition building. HRP

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I'm sure the reason was to compete with NSRA. Gary Medors the founder of GG was a big wheel with NSRA when he left to start GG.
    I'm sure that didn't go over well with Vern Walker. Neither organization really does what they started off doing. For both it's just all about the money aspect. I don't know about GG, but among some of the reps in NSRA there are a lot of back stabbing going on to get a different position in NSRA. That was going on big time when I left as state rep. The current division director wanted my position (and got it), spent a year in that position, and now is the division director. At a show if Vern would have made a sharp turn, ziggy would have broken his nose. It's been years since I have been at a NSRA event, last year I went to Des Moines for the GG show, I hadn't been to a GG show for years at that time

3. Gman0046

Gman0046

What a novel idea, charge car owners an entrance fee and then charge an admission fee to spectatators to see someone elses cars. Wish I would have thought of it first.

4. I go to enjoy the show and look up old friends, in anything it is easy to find fault and stay home, that's cool but after all these years I still have a good time. HRP

5. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Yes that is a novel idea, there is no way to lose money on a deal like that

7. koolbeans

koolbeans

Really....that's a demorat idea....steal from the hard workers...give to the organizers.... very novel....

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. 29moonshine

29moonshine

very few people will work for free to let you have a good time

9. I’ll be there as a spectator! I live 20 miles or so from it. Hope to see a few of you there.

10. WTF really

WTF really

Love your name on here.

11. Thanks, Homie! I grew up on Pink Floyd and the 4 is a nod to 4 doors....as in all I can afford! Or a4rd? Lol

12. Weather's forecast is changing for the worse. Oh well. It rains at least one day there every year, it seems......

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. Bill, I don't think there has ever been a Nats South in Knoxville it didn't rain one day or another, it's ether wet or hot! but I'm still looking forward to going. HRP

14. We are here and it is HOT! HRP

002.JPG

tofords, BigO, chryslerfan55 and 6 others like this.
  15. Went over in the 32 today with some others and picked up my regs. Not many folks in the 900-1000 line. Only two outside venders on the list. We shall see.
    You got that Vintage Air in just in time. See ya tomorrow.

16. Todd Stillwell

Todd Stillwell

I work right on the parkway in Pigeon Forge...I've seen some REALLY nice rods cruise past both yesterday and today.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  17. Be nice if it worked :rolleyes:, I have a leak in the system somewhere.

I did manage to get my cup holder installed! :D HRP

004.JPG

18. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Have a great weekend guys ! Larry

19. Got to get me one of those neato cup holders.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. primed34

primed34

I prefer the black model.

21. Well, I got to see the new interior today!
    Well done, IMHO.
    The style is perfect and Dave's ability is second to none.
    It's certainly raised an already great car to a new level.
    Now find that AC leak.

22. Jeff J

Jeff J

Hope to see ya there as I'm in my booth at JJ'S Rods and E-Z Firewall Boots up on the hill in the building !

23. My youngest, Silas, checking the comfort of Danny’s new interior. Looks great! It was nice meeting You and Brenda. Top Notch car couple!!!
    71B0DCA9-FD81-4B0E-9E3A-1F13E960BB93.jpeg

24. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

About how many cars were at this event? Unfortunately, GoodGuys held their Nashville event this weekend and attendance was WAY off. There are usually 3000 cars here and there might have been 1000, but I doubt it. I think the weather forecast scared a lot of people off but Saturday weather was not really bad at all.

chryslerfan55 and anthony myrick like this.
  25. Have never missed the Nashville show. Worst showing ever

chryslerfan55 and rockable like this.
  26. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree.

anthony myrick likes this.
  27. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I don't know who in GG made the decision to have the same dates as Knoxville, but they had rocks in their heads. The two cities are way too close for that to ever work

anthony myrick likes this.
  28. Heard the reason the show had the cars in the opposite side of the stadium was due to the NFL draft sets not being torn down yet. They still charged 20-25 bucks for a screwed up show.
    Had a nice dinner downtown Nashville with the wife though.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  29. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was told that the venues control the dates. GoodGuys only option would have been to not book the event and it has previously been very well attended. They did not like the fact that it was the week after the NFL draft party and that theynnhad to use the other parking lots any more than we did.