Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Alice Cooper says Be My Louver at Vintage Torque Fest May 3rd and 4th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36cab, Apr 12, 2019.

1. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Baby if you wanna be my louver, you better take me home
    'Cause it's a long long way to paradise and I'm still on my own

It’s that time of the year again and The HAMB’Ss very own Master of None will again be at this year's Vintage Torque Fest car show punching louvers on his vintage louver press. Nate Gentry of Gentry Kustoms & Restoration will be happy to punch louvers in your sheet metal during the show. And it is only $1.50 per hole. We will also have pre-punched aluminum panels for sale in three different sizes- 8" x 8" @ $10, 8" x 16" @ $20 and 16" x 16" @ $40.

All money raised from the pre-punched panels and the on-site louver punching will be donated to The Helping Hannah's Heart Foundation. So bring in those hoods, panels, etc. and have some louvers punched for a great price and a good cause.

Vintage Torque Fest * Friday May 3rd and Saturday 4th * Dubuque Iowa

harpo1313, wraymen, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  2. ...good to know the Gentry's are coming back,...a few of our Tin Butcher members are
    running the swapmeet again,...calls coming in about the swap, sure hope this erratic weather straightens out by then...T-Fest is comin up fast now.
    2015 t-fest 028.jpg 2015 t-fest 029.jpg

3. BTW,..a friend of mine, Jeff Carlson, built that louver press about 50 years ago, punched louvers all over Illinois,...did a great job. it's still punchin...here's a vintage shot of the press being towed by Jeff's 37 Ford flathead powered flatback,...and a couple pics of his 32...sadly, Jeff passed away quite a few years ago, he is still missed.
    jeff carlson 001.jpg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  4. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

That thing is COOL!

5. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I need to get back up to that show one year. Such a great time. Maybe next year. Sucks choosing between Stray Kat 500 and Torque Fest.

6. sololobo

sololobo

what a cool deal, the Vintage Torque Fest is an awesome event with a ton of events to enjoy. John Wells and family work their tales off to assure some donations for Helping Hannas Heart, which supports the high cost of continuous medical care for their daughters heart health care. No nicer family ever, go have a blast at this shindig!

luckythirteenagogo likes this.
  7. Speed~On

Speed~On

A bump on the eve of Vintage Torque Fest 2019. I'm heading there tomorrow morning. This year I pulled my 8 year old boy from school and he's attending for his first time. I'll try and post some photos here.

The sun finally peaked out of the clouds this evening as it was setting. Both Friday and Saturday will be rain free with sun and warm temps. Looking forward to a fun weekend. I took this photo this morning when I picked up the truck from my friend's shop.

20190502_091327.jpg

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Max Gearhead and Stogy like this.
  8. scoop

scoop

We will be there before noon.This show not only helps with their own daughters expenses but helps other families with kids with heart defects. John and Kim helped my daughter, love these guys and the show!!

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  9. Loaded and ready to head west.

10. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

Got me all excited with Alice...... one of his biggest fans down under.

11. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Rusty1---In 1979 I was at a Rod Run (I honestly think it was Peoria) with my 41 Ford sedan-----After a little urging from my Vintagr Tin buddies. I pulled the hood off my sedan, and had him punch 3 long rows on each side of the hood, only real question he had "was do you want me to grind off the paint where the louvers go?" They were arrow straight and a great shape. Was one of the defining charactoristics of the car. After looking at the old photos of the press-----Thats the press!!!! Who'da Thunk It, after all these years. Bill Rinaldi

Stogy and jim snow like this.
  12. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

BTW,..a friend of mine, Jeff Carlson, built that louver press about 50 years ago, punched louvers all over Illinois,...did a great job. it's still punchin...here's a vintage shot of the press being towed by Jeff's 37 Ford flathead powered flatback,...and a couple pics of his 32...sadly, Jeff passed away quite a few years ago, he is still missed.

That's a really cool looking louver press and it's still rolling/in service so he must have done a great job on the build!
    Think of it this way; Jeff's legacy (and contribution to Hot Rodding) continues to carry on through Nate's good work. And Jeff still attends Rod Runs everywhere that press rolls as I bet he's there in spirit.

Stogy and slayer like this.
  13. Jeff was a great friend of mine, I bought a louvered panel from Nate the first year he punched at T-Fest, ...I cut one louver out of the panel and it hangs in my 48 Ford pickup,
    so a little part of my good friend goes with me everywhere I go

Bill,...Ill bet it was at the Peoria Slopokes rod run as Jeff punched there for years...
    a lot of rodders wanted something punched at the Slopokes, they were taking their licence plates off to get em punched, Jeff was overwhelmed... and he was kind of a nervous guy sometimes;...he pinched one guys plate upside down and felt terrible, figured he'd have to buy the guy a replacement;...the guy shows up later and Jeff explained the goof up;...the guy was thrilled because his plate was different than the rest, he loved it and Jeff was off the hook!...still miss the guy, he was one of a kind.
    Jeff had many cool cars, all built entirely by him,...here's a 32 coupe he had for awhile.
    jeff carlson.jpg jeff carlson 001.jpg

Speed~On likes this.