Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Are you planing on attending the 50th NSRA Anniversary?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 2, 2018.

1. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

I was not at the first NATS but my Cobalt blue 40 Mercury channelled and sectioned convertible was, brought by Bernie Mordowski, a vendor from Mundelein, IL. Since I live 10 miles from the Fairgrounds, we will both be there for the anniversary.

2. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Yes, already sent in my registration, have the motel room, plan on a day & a half drive each way. Driving with a couple friends and looking at a great week. This will be the 4th Louisville for us. It'll be here real soon.

3. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

4. I'll be there. Funny story, I was intending to pre-register right near the cutoff for the 2018 show, and took the page out of the NSRA magazine, filled out and sent in my money. EXCEPT it was the 2019 form, doh! So now I am pre-registered as number 10 for the 2019 show. I ended up not going to the 2018 show as other stuff came up. I am committed to 2019 though.

5window likes this.
  5. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've had room reservations for a couple of months at a Best western. Stayed there the last couple of years. This year rates jumped significantly. When I ask for the NSRA discount they said they had no idea what I was talking about. NSRA registration packet indicated rates at this hotel had been negotiated to run $99-109. I called NSRA office, directed to Louisville Tourist Bureau which dealt with local hotels on this matter. They called BW and I got a revised rate 10 minutes later. $50 per night cheaper than BW originally gave me. Others might want to check their rates with any of the hotels on the NSRA list.

MO_JUNK and Hamtown Al like this.
  6. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I'm planning on going, have the motel reserved now I need to get busy and get the car ready.....

7. The wife & I will be going along with two other couples. Have rooms at Holiday Inn in Albany, Indiana.

8. squirrel

squirrel

I went to the 20th, but haven't been back....hmmm.....

9. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

Another Epic Journey in the making? Ya think the LaSalle will make it?

10. squirrel

squirrel

I'm done driving the LaSalle....

dwollam likes this.
  11. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

Must be a LONG story behind driving the LaSalle??????

12. Haven't been there since the flood . The trip would be to much for me to at my age !

13. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

We are planning on going and have a room. We went to the 2nd one in Memphis and a lot of others but haven't been to one in about 20 years. I hate driving the interstates now days. This is what we drove to Memphis in '71.

Attached Files:

Joe Warren and MO_JUNK like this.
  14. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

hey jim, I hear that barracuda is quite the road car! how about jumping in and come for a visit!!!:rolleyes:

squirrel likes this.
  15. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

I go every few years. This year I will make the 2 day drive in the 39. I did it in one day, 11 hr, omce. Once was enouigh.

16. Graystoke

Graystoke

Do you all know that this La Quinta no longer exists !!!

17. Gman0046

Gman0046

No longer the LaQuinta. Its now the Best Western Sure Stay. Same hotel, same location with a different name. Not that big of a deal hotels change names and ownership all the time. Same phone number 502-368-0007. Still where I would stay.

I really don't care where y'all stay. I'm just trying to be helpful and make sure no one inadvertantly stays in a flea bag motel in a bad area.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Graystoke likes this.
  18. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

Well, this had me concerned when I read it, because I booked a room here through Travelocity back in November. The hotel where I usually stay was already sold out.

Anyhow, I now have a problem !!! I called the Sure Stay to make sure my reservation was still good and gave them the confirmation number. They said they would check and call me back. They called today and said they have no record of the number and are sold out.

Today I went to AAA to see if they could help me find a room. When the girl first checked she said there was nothing within 76 miles. She then tried something else and was able to book a room at the Quality Inn near the Cardinal Stadium.................I hope it is a decent place.......... Thank God for AAA !!!

19. Gman0046

Gman0046

Al, I believe you'll be OK at the Quality Inn. Is it on Crittenden Drive?

20. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

No - 311 E Gaulbert Ave, Louisville, KY 40208

21. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there. Ramada on Bluegrass Hwy.

22. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will be there, just canceled a room yesterday at the Hampton Inn on Phillips.

23. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

You guys still looking for a place close and safe don’t overlook the Bed & Breakfast places.
    Always first class and very safe. Now that every hotel in the area is practically full, the B&B price may even be cheaper. Plus a good breakfast.

24. kb cookout

kb cookout

If you are staying in Indiana over night , don't forget about the bridge tolls crossing over the Ohio river , unless you use the Sherman Minton bridge on the west side of Louisville Ky

$4.20 each way for cars / trucks
    $7.36 each way for vehicles with trailers

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  25. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

NOT ME!----When NSRA went to late models, I sent in my resignation #1956 charter member.