Register now to get rid of these ads!

who makes car club plaques?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MIGUEL ZARATE, Jun 8, 2006.

1. i now there is a man in long beach named stan! i lost his number, does anybody have his number? what are other options?

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Obrien truckers.......the best....and Dennis is a Hamber:)

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yes... use Dennis O'brien....

4. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

We used Dennis for our Injector plaques and they came out great, very nicely detailed and timely delivery as well.

5. hsheartaches

hsheartaches

Deuce Bags C.C. Plaques...O'Briens.
    They turned out AWESOME!!!

6. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

7. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Here's a pic of Tim's after he put some paint in it.

Attached Files:

8. O'Brian Truckers...good work! By the way there was a post on here a while ago that told how to paint plaque backgrounds. I think it said to paint the whole thing and then sand the letters, but not sure that my memory is working today. I should have saved it but did not. What's the deal? How's the best way to paint the background on a plaque?

9. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I polish all of the high parts of the plaque first and clean it off real well first with lacquer thinner, then soap and water.......

Dry the plaque completely.....then using a small brush paint over the letters and figures that you don't want to be painted with hand lotion or liquid soap...........let that dry, then spray the plaque with your color enamel.....rattle cans are fine for this........

After the paint is dry then you go back over the high spots with something plastic or wood, like a letter opener or sharpened popsicle stick.......you gently scrape away all of the lotioned parts,, which comes off very easily......

Then you wash it again with soapy water and gently dry by patting with a soft towel.........and stand back and admire your work.....

Brucie

10. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Stan's phone number is (310) 605-0782

11. hey Bullet Nose thanks for the number and thanks to everybody else for the info! the reason i like to use stan is because if you only need one plaque at a time he will make it for you ! and he is local! thanks again

12. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Oooooops.......

Check the PM I sent.

13. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

O'Brien!!!! .................... everybody goes there for a reason!.....I didnt and got burnned. lesson learned!

14. Stan is pretty cool. and has been doing plaques for a while. I do not know if he will do a single but he might.....Try Obriens

15. Psycho78

Psycho78
    from EXP, CA

16. Psycho78

Psycho78
    from EXP, CA

17. Thanks, that ought to do it.

18. Stan's a great guy and he should be able to take care of what you need. If not give me a call - I should be home most of the day and evening Saturday. I've got a collection of ~14,000 plaques and patterns so I may have something from your town I can make one of for you.

Happy Truckin'

Dennis O'Brien
    O'Brien Truckers
    508-248-1555
    e-mail: [email protected]

19. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

59BUICK--- Whats the minimum amount of plaques you will make for a club. I want to get some plaques made but id like to know the minimum i would have to buy. Thanks.

20. Gator

Gator

You heard it already, but O' Brien makes ours - very good quality.

[​IMG]

21. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Can anyone tell me how many you HAVE to buy if you place an order?