Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rogues Car Club, SLO CA *REVISITED*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theloosecannon707, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Hey there, so back in the 50's a car club was started in San Luis Obispo California. in the 70's it was switched more towards a motorcycle club and the car part fell to the wayside. Today the Rogues Car Club has been re-opened in San Luis Obispo.

Have any of you heard of the original club, have any paperwork or images? Any stories, or history on them? I know the club would appreciate anything you guys might know.

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

A book I have called "Hot Rod and Custom Car Clubs" has a Rogues from San Luis listed and I'm guessing that's a misprint and should have had Obispo added. That was a popular name for CA clubs as there were seven other Rogues listed from the Golden State before the 70's.

3. OK, Great, thanks for the info! its much appreciated.

4. Dan DeOrnellas

Dan DeOrnellas

So does a Rogues Car Club in San Luis Obispo still exist? Try to google it nothing came up.

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. If anyone would know, Sherm Porter would.

nochop likes this.
  6. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I was looking at the list of Rogues patterns Dennis O'Brien has. Now I'm not sure about "San Luis" being SLO. This may be the plaque for the club I mentioned ..... 02221.jpg

But when I saw this pattern he also has, it reminded me that there is also a San Luis, Arizona .....

02606.jpg

El Hueso and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. 1968pickup

1968pickup
    from ND

I might be wrong but was told this was in Minnesota

Attached Files: