Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 29 Wescott Roadster Hot Rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sbf001, Apr 27, 2019.

1. sbf001

sbf001
    from New York

I am thinking about buying a 29 wescott roadster, Does anyone have pics of some that are done as hot rods?
    Thanks

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That would be a reproduction 1929 Ford roadster with a Wescott fiberglass body. http://www.wescottsauto.com/
    As far as fiberglass bodys go they are the ones that everyone else compares to. Well built, steel reinforced and they look right.
    Unlike some fiberglass bodies that the builders put their own spin on Wescott bodies are about as close to a real deal steel Ford body in appearance as you will find. No out of place or missing style lines. I'd still like to have one of their 2 Phaeton bodies to play with. Not in my budget but one can dream.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. sbf001

sbf001
    from New York

Yes I know its a fiberglass body, Im just looking for some ideas if I decide to build one.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was what I was saying, ANY FRIGGING THING THAT WORKS RIGHT FOR A 29 Ford roadster.
    Highboy on Deuce rails, full fendered, High boy setting on a stock Model A frame, it all works. Out here in the Pacific Northwest it is hard to go to any major car show and not have a batch of Wescott bodied cars in attendance and unless you get right up to the majority of them you don't know they are fiberglass. I'm thinking that there are a couple putting around with all stock running gear in the area that guys put together years ago and have done Model A club events with.
    The only thing that I probably wouldn't do with one is make a channeled roadster out of it but it could be done with enough glass work.

5. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Wescott bodys are known to be dimensionally correct, even the floor area underneath. Thay fit model A frames as close as an original. They do have an option of a floor that fits a 32 frame, the body remains correct. The Wescott body you are interested in, is new or used? As for pictures of Wescott bodied Hot Rods----You have probably seen a few, just not idetified as such.