Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest When was the last time you got a warning or a ticket?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 26, 2019.

1. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Not far from here is a real twisty long mountain road where a friend was riding his Kawasaki sport bike. Along comes this guy in a Porsche and starts messing with him...so it's cat and mouse time.
    Finally at one point there's this straight stretch so my buddy blasts by the Porsche, adding insult to injury he had dropped his britches, stands up on footpegs and shakes his bare behind at the guy.
    An officer was on a side road running radar, pulls my friend for going well over 100 in a 45. My friend said the cop was laughing so hard he couldn't write the ticket.

Sent from my Bell Candlestick

2. Deuces

Deuces

You got me laughing at that one..... :D

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

My first car was a 61 Impala, 348/3speed.
    I'm nearly 65 years old, I'd love to have a ticket on my record for drag racing............now.

4. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

My last (2nd only) was about 9 years ago. Was returning with a bunch of parts I had just gotten chromed and was in my dd doing about 130km in an 80. He was driving towards me and before he even put his lights on, I quick hit the binders and pulled off onto the shoulder and waited. He pulled up behind me and asked what the rush was. Told him I just picked up parts for my old Poncho and was in a hurry to get them installed . Turned out he was a gear head too, spent the next 15 minutes talking about cars. Ended up giving me a 14km over - no points and $115 fine. Thought I might get off with nothing but still a lot better than it could have been.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3W JOHN, Deuces and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  5. I am really due............there is never a time I get behind the wheel and DON'T speed...........I don't even get to the end of my street....

woodsnwater, Hombre, 3W JOHN and 6 others like this.
  6. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Coming home from South Bend Indiana I was 6 miles from home when I breezed through a small town at 50 in a 45.
    County Mountie pulled me over. 1T diesel 4x4 dually pulling a 26 ft enclosed trailer.
    Officer starts asking questions and I play dumb. Not much of a stretch...ask any of my friends.
    He is questioning the truck rating and and gross vehicle rate. Blah blah blah.
    Asks me where my diesel sticker is. I say why would I need one?
    He explains. Apparently he knew all the regulations in all the states I visited. So did I. I just chose to ignore them.
    Asks me if I stopped at all the weigh stations. I say why would I? I'm not commercial.
    He starts telling me I am and wants my medical card,DOT card etc etc. I tell him I don't have any of that.
    He's starting to turn purple as he reads the riot act to me and threatens to impound the whole rig.
    I'm calm and ask why he would want to do that.
    Finally he asks me if I really drove to Indiana and back with no stickers,didn't stop at weigh stations.
    I say yes sir.
    He goes back to the squad car to check my record and insurance and comes back,hands me my papers and tells me to go home because I was the luckiest SOB on the planet.
    I thanked him and drove home.

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You’re really not very smart as in very naive if you think you “owned “ an officer that pulled you over.

More likely the best way to put it is you’re just plain stupid.

Most officers really love smart asses like you and they have all kinds of ways to “own “ you and ruin your day.
    You’re just lucky he probably decided you weren’t worth the effort.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Hombre, LAROKE, 3W JOHN and 6 others like this.
  8. I don't know about Canada, but smart off to a Southern Cop and you will be wearing a pair of high tinsel steel chrome chain bracelets and most likely spend the night in the pokey. HRP

9. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

Back in the late 60's I was told by a cop not to do what my gal at that time were doing in K Mart parking lot in the middle of the day, or I would get arrested for what she was doing. It was great by the way. LOL

10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

[​IMG]

11. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Just yesterday. Went to visit my two year old granddaughter in the park as my wife was babysitting. Saw my little angel but didn't see the handicap sign. Nor the cop car I parked behind. After about twenty minutes he went on the loud hailer saying that the owner of the BMW should move it. I went by apologized and parked across the street. Just then a fellow going at least 50 km/h in a 30 zone was not so lucky as the cop nailed him. Lucky for me but the speeder driving by a park where my granddaughter was playing should have got jail time! LOL

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and Deuces like this.
  12. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Which one of you hoodlums? Chicago, Illinois. 1954 - first ever speed Radar ticket issued.

Guy looks like he just got an attaboy from his CO. "Keep 'em flyin'!"

IMG_0913.JPG

13. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

The last one that cost me money was a $115.00 seat belt ticket, cop asked me if I wanted a seat belt ticket or one for speeding, 59 in a 45. I asked witch was cheaper. Before that it was like 1975 23 in a 20 mph school zone, cop didn't care when I went thru the bigger tires, smaller tires, rear gear changed, couldn't get the right speedo gear etc. excuses. I learned pretty early no to be a wise ass with them. I have had a bunch of warnings over the years, the last one was a while back when I was in my ot Chevy pickup. I had just pulled out on the road and got on it a little just to hear the pipes, I hit about 70 and went over a little rise in the road and met a state trooper, looked in the mirror and he was turning around so I let up on it to make sure he was after me, pulled over and had my license out when he walked up to the window. When asked about my speed I told him probably about 65 or 70. When he asked what my hurry was I told him no real hurry, I just liked to hear the pipes when I wind it out a little. I saw him look at my license again, he done a little quick math and said if I still liked the hot rod stuff at 67, more power to me- have a safe day. .:cool: cop!!

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

15. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I was never so lucky with the warning ticket , I always got “ we clocked you at 90 plus , we are going to reduce that to 20 MPH over , so you can keep your license , because you have a CDL .” The last one I got I was in Daytona at bike week , I was cranking on a hand jammer , against a new big cube Ultra . I saw the Police pull out on his Harley , on go the lights , I was so far ahead of him I could have ducked into the crowd and never been seen , but I did pull over , I let the old bastard sit there and idle . First thing he requested was , shut it off . I told him OK , but you may have to ride me back , it may not start . He chucked and told the lower speed was what he was doin for me . He ask what happened to guy you were racing , the new bike didn’t do so well . I denied knowing what he was asking about ! I never drink and ride the bike , I guess he could see this and gave me a break . I was sitting on the curb when he pulled up license and insurance , title in hand and I could see my face reflecting in the shine on his riding boots . He said 30 years as a motorcycle policeman , he is a lucky man . I’m thankful we are not discussing warning shots , instead of tickets !

16. VOETOM

VOETOM
    from MO

Got pulled over for running these tags. I had the original black and yellow one chromed.

Attached Files:

17. 24riverview

24riverview

There have been many but this is my favorite-
    1976 I think, finally found some blue dot lens for my 39 Chevy sedan. Paid $25 for them, big money for me anyway at the time. On my way to girlfriends house (married 40 years in October) on a 4 lane when I meet a Iowa highway patrolman. Of course figuring I'm speeding hit the brakes, his lights come on so I just pull right over. Comes up to my window laughing "Haven't seen a set of those in 20 years!". Gave me a ticket, $25 if I remember correctly. Took them out the next day.

18. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not many reading this will remember the wonderful days of the national 55 MPH speed limits but when ever that was (70's?) I was on my way back from a swap meet in Des Moines, IA on I-80 in my 38 Chevy (the same one in the avatar) and we were almost to the exit for Atlantic IA where I lived when we saw two or three Iowa Hwy Patrol cars on the side and one was motioning us over. They had were using an airplane to clock us:( Yeah, no warning. Sometime around the same period of time I had my father in law and my pre school age son behind the seats in the 38. I had just left the intersection and ran through the gears and looked in my mirror and saw lights. I pulled over, the patrolman asked for my license and looked at the dash (a SW 160 MPH speedo) and asked if it would do 160, I said "no with me driving it":). He said just hold it down and sent me on my way. Probably a good thing I had the FIL and son with me, I told him I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going since we were chatting away.

19. 63galaxie406

63galaxie406

1982 on CA 101 just south of SLO. Driving my ‘46 coupe. Coming back from a run to Reno. CHP pulls me over.
    Ask me do you know why I pulled you over. Me, no. You have blue dot tail lights. Me, so?
    He goes on to explain that only police motor cycles in CA can have blue showing to rear.
    Writes me a fix it ticket. Get signed off. Go to court clerk and she says ok, but if you get another ticket for this in the next year it’s a $125 fine.
    I was sweating it out because I didn’t have a front license plate or working w/s wipers.

20. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Knock on wood...Been about 35 years for me by a civilian cop. Had a fellow M.P. at Ft. Bliss, TX. who would write fellow M.P.'s. Good job but he was gone in a year.

21. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

way over do. thanks now you jinxed me. probably get one tomorrow.:D

22. I'm not talking about it. Don't want to jinx my good luck! ;)

23. Gabby

Gabby

Lost my driving permit for speeding. No speeding tickets since. Will be 50 years this July.

24. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Last time I got pulled over in a(barely) On Topic car was about 5 years ago. My son bought a 65 El Camino at the age of 13 and we were working on it. We had dropped in a 283 of unknown history and it smoked a bit. He didn;t yet have his license, but there was a show we wanted to attend, so I was going to drive it to work for a few days to work out the bugs. I was pulling a long hill, smoking badly, and when I reached the top there was a white SUV in my rearview mirror. I allowed him room to pass and he did not, after about a mile he lit me up with previously unseen lights. Turns out he was a Ranger. I was ruining his environment and he was pissed. He threatened to have it towed and impounded, lots of other things, but in the end let me nurse it home and no write up. It was parked after that until we put together a fresh motor. That one used a quart of oil every 60 miles if you drove it nice.

Devin

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm thinking the last moving violation ticket I got was in the early 80s when I was driving the 48 to work at my summer ( Summers off for teachers) job at a Chevy dealership. I got caught doing close to 80 by a spotter plane but the officer dropped the speed down on the ticket. I decided that there was no arguing when the spotter in the plane read a motor cycle license plate number off over the radio from several hundred feet up.
    Got a fix it warning for being too low (scrub line) with one of my students with me headed back from Tee Pee Auto and talked my way out of a ticket because I had a pair of front coils laying in the back of the truck that we had pulled out of a 49/51 Merc in the yard for Paul Harper. Never did raise the truck up though. Front bumper was about 2 to 3 inches lower than you see in my avatar photo.

26. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

About a dozen years ago we were coming home from a long distance event in the '32 towing my Mullins luggage trailer. On I-95 with our exit in sight a very year deputy pulled us over. Says my trailer taillights ('41 Chevy) were very dim, said he could hardly see them, never mentioned the blue dots. It was after midnight with light traffic, must have been a slow night for him. Told him we had been on the road for hours and this was our exit. Let me go without a ticket but I better get those things fixed.

When we lived in Fort Lauderdale in the early '70s my older brother was a motorcycle cop. When he'd see a new hot rod in town he would very nicely ask them to pull over and introduce himself, ask them about their car, and invite them to our next car club meeting. Lots of sighs of relief and a few new club members resulted.

Lee

27. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

You should move to Illinois, where “speed limit” is a suggested minimum.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Yes sir!! Have many RCMP friends (Canadian Mounties for you southerners ) and they all say the same thing. They know us guys work way too hard and spend too much on our cars to do any stupid stuff. Quick chirp of the tires or a nice little launch off the light but other than that I’m happy to cruise and enjoy the ride. Like smokey says it’s all the pricks on their phones that are the real danger!! Only had one ticket in my life. Was driving my 56 Chevy on my way home as I was skipping out in high school that day and came around a corner a little hot in a playground zone and got nicked! Karma for being a delinquent skippin school I suppose...

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

29. hemiboy

hemiboy

I’ve had a lot of tickets, in hot rods, especially during the 55 mph “crisis”. But the funniest was when my wife and I got stoped in Roseburg, OR, one night for having blue dots on our ‘37 Chev pu. The deputy made the comment that the ‘37 could be mistaken for an emergency vehicle because of the blue dots. My sweet wife decided to jump in and said, rather sarcastically “Really?”. NOT the end of the story....oh boy!

30. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

@BuckeyeBuicks, do you remember the white lines painted across US 33 that the State Patrol used when they were clocking from the airplanes? They used to wave cars over by hand on Friday evenings, a few at a time, when everyone was driving home from Columbus after work. Those stripes were down where 93 crosses 33, and just outside of Nelsonville where the long straight stretch went past the 33 Drive In.