Register now to get rid of these ads!

History VALLEY CUSTOMS 1941 FORD

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Austinrod, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

F4040207-20C1-49CB-B636-C9E255212C79.jpeg
    A RADICAL VALLEY CUSTOM SHOP 41 FORD

We’d never heard about this car before. Gary told us this car was owned by Kurt (he couldn’t remember his last name) who was a merchant Marine and had the shop work on his car while he was out to sea. According to Gary this was the most radical 1941 Ford to leave the Valley Custom Shop ever… and yeah! we think he’s completely right there.

The car is really radical and unlike any other custom car created by the Valley Custom Shop. The car has a wonderful mix of the typical late 1940’s early 1950’s molded looks we are used to see from the Barris and Ayala shop. The subtile changes such as the opened wheel opening, the raising of the fenders, the removal of the running boards and the leaned back windshield. All more subtile changes we are used of from the Valley Custom Shop. The business coupe (short doors) has been chopped with a lid back windshield and a very nice sloop on the rear portion of the roof, a perfect balance between the side and rear quarter windows and nicely rounded corners.

We really appreciate the way the running boards and whole bottom of the main body has been removed and how the fenders are raised to sit at the same level as the now shorter body. The hood was sectioned accordingly. The fenders were welded solid and also had the crease hammered smooth and molded to the body. This all results in a very pleasing profile.

Gary saw the car for the last time when he was 13-14 years old. Back then the car was painted white with a leopard skin motive seat covers. Unfortunately this is the only photo Gary has ever been able to find of this car.
    From the Rik Hoving Archive

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    OzMerc39, Okie Pete, 302GMC and 8 others like this.
  2. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

If I could clone this car I would
    Beautiful piece of styling

Sent from my iPad

Okie Pete, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  3. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Gary who?

Stogy likes this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm glad one pic survived...I take it that the Custom no longer exists. I see the Skirts are off so it's a bit Sporty. I call them Hybrids in a way Wildly styled but ready to play a bit......

Lots of great things came out of that shop.

I guess the freedom to build a spirited compliment to this would be a freedom one could Express. I say go for it...;)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019

5. As in Gary Emory, customiser Neil Emory's son.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That car just has a flow to it that is hard to describe. Proves that they all don't need skirts either.

chryslerfan55, Austinrod and Stogy like this.
  7. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Good candidate car here
    IMG_5931.jpeg