Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1953 Chevy Gasser build- 1962 style

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Baumi, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Elton

Elton

Is it this you ment? ... this coul'd be the right thing. Is there anywhere a shop where i can buy it. It's not available in good old germany :-(

Attached Files:

Baumi likes this.
  2. wvenfield

wvenfield

1. The axle is fine. 2. Yes, that is what I mean. 3. I suppose parts are harder to find in Germany. 4. Kinda a pain to look for parts on my phone. Hopefully someone has a good answer on parts.

Baumi likes this.
  3. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

nice car keep us updated.

Baumi likes this.
  4. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Jan! You are making some great progress! It´s good to see the 53 is being built finally after sitting for so long.
    Jan, you could fab something up by yourself, starting with the steering box that was in the car. I would link the steering box to the passenger side and the passenger side wheel to the driver side wheel. That gives you long links and avoids bump steer. Starting with tie rod ends you could build something from scratch or probably buy a kit from Speedway Motors...I think Brent told me the front axle came from a 39 chevy truck, I don´t know how long the were used, but it may be likely that truck solid front axles were used up to the 50s. So if you bought a steering linkage for let´s say a 50 3100 truck , you could alter ist and make it work on the Gasser....

Jan, I can´t tell how happy I am to see updates on the 53. I really liked that car and still do. Good to see your doing something with it. Just call if you need and idea or two

Stogy and mad mikey like this.
  5. southcross2631

southcross2631

If you have the option. Lose the powerglide. In 62 they were not much of a performance transmission. Most guys were using 4 speeds and some even had 3 speed manuals . Not everybody had the money to go out and buy a 4 speed.
    The hydros were mainly used in the higher class cars.

mad mikey likes this.
  6. Elton

Elton

Thank you for the nice feedback guys. The cross steer-Kit is now ordered and I am sure - this is what i need. I will do my verry best to fit it in. But i decided to install a new 4-Link-system, wishbone, anti rollbar and QA1-shock absorber-kits - full adjusable - for the rear suspension. I hope end of may it will delivered. GO UPS GO!! :)
    @Baumi - thanks to feel with the project ;-) ... don't want to disappoint you. ;-)

Stogy likes this.
  7. Steve Duleck

Steve Duleck

Nice keep the pics coming.

8. Elton

Elton

Hey guys ... here is a little update. Good news.... the gasser is still in work. :)

Attached Files:

wvenfield, Stogy and mad mikey like this.
  9. Elton

Elton

It takes a little longer but i hope to start 2020 the race-season.

Attached Files:

Stogy and mad mikey like this.
  10. Looks great. Nice work ELTON.

11. Elton

Elton

Try to do my verry best, but i stoped count the bugs. :rolleyes: :D:D:D

12. Elton

Elton

Hey Friends. Some pictures of my Gasser-Project. The progress is still in work. A verry big TANK YOU go's to Cross Over Performanc (C.O.P. Germany). Corona - i hate you. Best wishes to all Petrolheads and their Familys. Stay healthy.

mad mikey likes this.
  13. Elton

Elton

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and mad mikey like this.
  14. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jan, wow, you are doing a great job! Your gasser turns out very well! I´m glad you are making progress again. That roll cage is very nicely done!

15. Hightone111

Hightone111

Looking good! I’d love to see more pics of how you built the flipper front end.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

16. Elton

Elton

The art of metal... ;-) Every week some more good stuff inside...step by step. :) End of may we will start the engine finaly ... i'm looking forward to this...

Attached Files:

17. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Did I here you say, "Send me the floor dimensions of your ''55 Ford and I'll make you some like mine?" LOL.

I plan on redoing my interior panels and I have a bead roller, only problem is I've never done any bead rolling. Only way to learn is to try it, we'll see. Ron

mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. Elton

Elton

Yes! The beast is roaring! What a sound... 7500 rpm... It's so loud. I'm so so glad. Testdrive ... midle of june... finaly. I'll send the pics.

Attached Files:

19. the duke

the duke

Holy SHIT! I just bugged Chris and he sent me a link to the build, this was my car that I sold to him! I really pumped to see that something has happened with it!

Baumi likes this.
  20. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Brent @the duke , you didn´t bug me at all, it´s always good to hear from you! I am really glad that Jan @Elton and his friends took over and finally built this car. They sent me a video of a test drive on a closed strip of autobahn, not a run, but it sure sounds very healthy.

21. Elton

Elton

Hey guys! Yes - finaly - the verry first run of the GASSER. Not so bad....! 7.4s 1/8 mile. In Germany - the Car is very rare - so the KRAUTS was extremly impressed.. for the look .... for the ear-killing-sound. So i'll send some pics and a video-file....Info to Baumi and Brent.... a dream come true to me - thank you verry much for that chance.

Baumi likes this.
  22. Elton

Elton

...the pics...

Attached Files:

23. Elton

Elton

youtube.... :)

Next entry - maybe - with new color.... :)