Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro New Member in Washington

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Bishop Schulz, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Bishop Schulz

Bishop Schulz

Hails HAMB, i'ma new member here and looking all around the board and finding a TON of great useful information.

I restore older cars for a hobby and use them, I don't have immaculate cars, they function and are daily drivers. My daughter has a 64 TBird, my son a 48 Chevy 3100, and I have a 1958 Edsel Citation Convertible, I used to have a 52 Chevy 210 and a 50 Chevy 3100.

New Car Prospect: I am looking to pickup a 1955 Pontiac Star Chief, first time in the Pontiac world. Found a load of great info on here already in helping me make my decision so I wanted to be a part of the fun here.

I hope to contribute as I bring the Star Chief back to the road after its 30 years of languishing in a backyard in Seattle. Its turquoise, all original, 42k miles, it was repainted at some point. It has power steering, a two speaker radio, and 30 years ago it lost forward gearing and was parked. Its never been apart. No mold inside but it has a couple large holes in the front foot section that I will need to address right away.

Things I am looking at doing: Finding a 1959 389 with decent heads...maybe or just staying with the original engine, repairing the transmission, cleaning it up enough to just drive it around. I'd like to get a v4 intake for it if I stay with the 287. The list will go on for sure!

Thanks for the space for my intro, cheers and have a great day!

-bish 20190407_121336.jpg

2. It looks like it has at least one hubcap

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Bishop Schulz

Bishop Schulz

hehe sure does, all four...on 'Silent Cushion' tires. The spare is an original from 'Sears'? the 2nd owner never touched the spare, original jack and tools are in there too.

4. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Welcome from the other side of the mountains.

lothiandon1940 and Bishop Schulz like this.

5. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome from Indiana and a Pontiac guy. I’ve been buying all of the 389 engines I can find locally. Def my favorite engine. Going with a ‘64-6 with the block mounted starter is easier if you choose to go with a different transmission down the road. Getting it running and sorted out I’m sure is higher on the list. Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. Bishop Schulz

Bishop Schulz

Thanks! Great to meet so many enthusiasts!

7. Bishop Schulz

Bishop Schulz

Ill start a new thread with the car under projects here in about a month once its in my driveway. Can't wait!

Ill be looking for a 389 too i think, after reviewing the advice on here in a number of places, i think the 389 would be a nice quiet swap for more power =)

lothiandon1940 and Casey Riley like this.
  8. Welcome. Nice intro. Good luck with your Pontiac going forward (no pun intended:)). Enjoy your HAMBtime...............Don.

Bishop Schulz likes this.
  9. Bishop Schulz

Bishop Schulz

Hahahha love the pun @lothiandon1940! Im looking forward to putting the Chief on here as a project, doing some vids, pics and a walk through its back on the road journey. Thanks Don!

Thanks!

10. rs57

rs57
    from oklahoma

Welcome good luck with your project

11. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

12. ...and a welcome from the other side of the globe, nice rides, Bish.

Cheers, Carsten

13. welcome aboard ....

14. Bishop Schulz

Bishop Schulz

Thanks 40two! Oh Germany, sehr gut! I spent three weeks in Munich during Christmas last year, what a great time, great food, awesome people. Stayed with a couple in Kirchfeld. Thanks for the welcome!

40two likes this.
  15. Bishop Schulz

Bishop Schulz

Thanks jfreakofkorn! So far its been really great to meet up with like minded fans of working on old cars!

16. Bishop Schulz

Bishop Schulz

Been researching the 389/278 engine swap, i'll detail that when I get to that point on this rig. For now its just planning for it and getting the rig as it is, running again.

Its been sitting for 30+years outside but I have hope for the adventure of getting it running again. I also need to see if I upload the videos here or to a Youtube channel. I do follow a few guys on the web that find old rigs and bring them back to life, its been fun, i'd like to share that same journey with this Chief with all here and there.

Thanks all!

Go-Sharks!