Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage spring jefferson whos going

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Apr 22, 2019.

1. this weekend is the traditional spring Jefferson. three big days of swapping along with a car show sunday. the early forecast looks good. its time to kick off the car season. don't forget to get a big bar.

loudbang likes this.
  2. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I will be there on fri and sat. the car show is on sat and sun. I drive the 40 on sat if the weather is good and the grounds aren't under water

loudbang likes this.
  3. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I will be there, Gary:)

loudbang likes this.
  4. ahshoe

ahshoe

I am there Fri and Sat. Row WH138-140 Selling lots of old crap I don't want and you do. So stop by and say hi and wave some big bills at me....I will notice you.

Torkwrench and loudbang like this.

5. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wouldn't miss it. Not yet sure which day though.

loudbang likes this.
  6. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Im in spot YN148, and looking forward to seeing people.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Probably going Saturday to get a new to me lawn mower or a garden stone with my name on it. I may be part of the problem. Just saying

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

8. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

WX105 to 109 right on the corner for the last 15 of 25years I have been doing it every spring and fall. See ya there! Larry

loudbang likes this.
  9. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

10. looking forward to it

loudbang likes this.
  11. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I'll be there.... can't wait..... weather is looking great !

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Speed~On and loudbang like this.
  12. fuzzface

fuzzface

Haven't sold there in years but I will be a buyer/walker there this weekend. Was planning on Saturday but now it is supposed to be cold and rainy that day and I am still planning to hit the auction Friday morning in Fort so I might go Friday afternoon but not sure if that will give me enough time to say hi to all my old friends and sight see. maybe I will end up there on Sunday or knowing me maybe I will end up all weekend there.

Nice not having a regular job again, I can hit the auctions and swap meets again.

loudbang likes this.
  13. Speed~On

Speed~On

I will be there all day Friday, kinda wish the gates opened earlier than 10am. Knock on wood the past two Jefferson swap meets I attended had some great items, hoping that continues. Friday looks to be perfect as far as the weather is concerned. For us hardy Midwesterners temps in the lower 60's is perfect, especially when you're walking all day.
    I was going to post some photos of previous Jefferson's but they are no longer on my photo. I'll try and post photos here, while I am there on Friday.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    loudbang likes this.
  14. Got a free vendors pass from a buddy so I can get in early on Friday before the public. I'll try not to get all the screaming deals before 10:00 opening. Need some small Model A sheet metal parts, once I get them, then I can window shop.

loudbang likes this.
  15. fuzzface

fuzzface

Looking at the latest forecast I am going to say I will try to fit it all in Friday afternoon after the auction down the road. Friday they claim is still a nice day but a high of 42 and all day rain sat., I think I will stay in my own shop and make some progress instead. I had enough fun in the cold rain there in the past to last me a while longer.

loudbang likes this.
  16. I saw sunny and 61 for Friday weather.

loudbang likes this.
  17. fuzzface

fuzzface

yes, Friday is still going to be sunny and around the 60 mark but just saw that the rain for Saturday they changed to snow in the afternoon now and the temps to drop to around 37. Hey, this is Wisconsin, don't like the weather wait 5 minutes! :) Eventually we have a summer. I believe it was on a Wednesday last year. :)

loudbang likes this.
  18. Slopok

Slopok

Snow on Saturday!:eek:

loudbang likes this.
  19. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Wisconsin weather changes every minute! lol I have live here all my life. Been going to Jefferson for 30 years been a vender 25! Seen snow , sleet , hail and mud to your ass, if a little weather scares ya then you better stay home. That way there will be more deals for Me!;););) See ya there! Larry

loudbang likes this.
  20. gene-koning

gene-koning

Its only Wed, the Sat weather forecast can change 3 more times between now and then.
    I'm a wimp, if the weather is going to be bad Sat, I'm not going. Too often too many vendors will have their stuff covered up if its raining and I can't see all the stuff I think I might need. Nothing more depressing then going to a swap meet in the rain, and having all the stuff covered up so it doesn't get wet.

Its really too bad, I have a list of stuff I was looking for, and there were going to be 3 of us looking for stuff. Sat is the only day I can go, if the current forecast holds true, you probably won't see me or the other 2 guys.

Last year spring swap there was an old man selling rebuilt horns. I saw him early, but couldn't find him later. If he is there, can someone please get me his contact info? Thanks. Gene

loudbang likes this.
  21. Squablow

Squablow

What auction is that, if you don't mind me asking?

loudbang likes this.
  22. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Last year spring swap there was an old man selling rebuilt horns. I saw him early, but couldn't find him later. If he is there, can someone please get me his contact info? Thanks. Gene[/QUOTE]

Gene. If I see him I will let you know. Larry

loudbang likes this.
  23. Speed~On

Speed~On

Which of these horns are you looking for??:D
    If i see him I'll get his contact info...but i need to know what youre looking for :p

A.
    frame.jpg

B.
    284550_22_P1.jpeg.jpg
    C.
    301-Tripelhorn-frei-VS-2.jpg

D.
    MODEL-A-FORD-REPLACEMENT-HORN.JPG.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  24. fuzzface

fuzzface

"What auction is that, if you don't mind me asking? "

Not sure why I kept calling it Fort here but it is actually in Jefferson but if you go down the road a little farther you end up in Fort. Anyways it is Stade auction center at N3660 state rd. 89, Jefferson. Kiddy corner from the old meat packing plant if you know the area.

it is the first consignment auction for the season, mostly farm stuff but you never know what shows up. Last year a Touring car was there. People are still bringing things in and it is getting bigger. Talking about maybe having three rings going so to get to the cows on time at 1 oclock.

Stade has one every year during the Jefferson swap meet. Look up Stade Auction Center and it should be the first one on the list under farm machinery but like I said people are still bringing things in and not everything gets posted to the site.

Squablow and loudbang like this.
  25. arthurC3

arthurC3

A crocheted tea cozy.

Sent from my LG-H830 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Mr cheater and loudbang like this.
  26. Squablow

Squablow

OK thanks, I looked it up.

loudbang likes this.
  27. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

It’s great to hear a super nice day on Friday and sat will be a 50/50. I’ll have some wicked cool stuff like nos 16 inch halibrants , Hutton and Sullivan flathead heads and a bunch of 1932 1934 goodies

loudbang likes this.
  28. gene-koning

gene-koning

loudbang likes this.
  29. Speed~On

Speed~On

Ahhh, ok Model A horn. I will keep an eye open for him. Sellers often try and get the same spot each time they sell there. Do you remember roughly where he was?

loudbang likes this.
  30. gene-koning

gene-koning

Actually I need a 12 volt horn for a 39 Dodge truck. The guy had a bunch of horns he had rebuilt himself. He had a table set up with a battery so you could hear the horn function, the guy was very knowledgeable and knew which horns would have been on which vehicle, from the 20s through the late 70s. I'd not ever seen him there before that day. The guy was about the 3rd or 4th isle in the big northern field from the side nearer the buildings, on the east side of the center isle. Saw him the first time around 9 am, but couldn't find him after 1 pm, bet I walked 6 or 7 isles looking for him. I didn't see him in the fall Jefferson either, I was watching for him. The sad part was I got a business card from him, but can't find it either.
    He was one of the reasons I wanted to go this spring. Gene

Speed~On and loudbang like this.