Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What Dual Master Cylinder ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lake_harley, Jan 28, 2019.

1. lake_harley

lake_harley

What is a relatively compact dual master cylinder to use for an under floor mounted master cylinder? I plan to build a mount for my '31 Coupe and intend to duplicate the pivot position and height of stock Model A pedals so the pedals come through the floor and work basically the same as stock. Obviously, I don't want the brake master cylinder lid to interfere with the floorboards. For my clutch, I plan to use a compact Wilwood or CNC master cylinder and don't expect any clearance problems. Speedway's dual brake master cylinder just looks quite tall, and another supplier's "Corvette" MC looks quite large as well, so I wanted to get some options based on what others have used.

Thanks, in advance.

Lynn

2. Don't use a dual.

3. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I'm running a 67/8 mustang for my 40 drum brake setup.

lake_harley likes this.

4. I'm using a American Motors 1976-63, Jeep 1975-66 1" bore. One of the few that had right side ports. I made an adapter to the '39 pedals for my '28 Tudor.

[​IMG]

Rich S., skip65 and lumpy 63 like this.
  5. lake_harley

lake_harley

That '67/8 Mustang MC looks quite compact. Did you use the manual brake version with the 1" bore? Since I envision my bracket/pedal setup will have the brake rod push to the rear of the car with the MC behind the pedals, the outlets appear they would face toward the center of the car, and that would be perfect. I'd imagine in the stock Mustang location it would have been a firewall mount and the lines would have connected on the outward side of the MC?

I'm curious, 1927graham, why not a dual MC? I clicked on your build link hoping to find what you used on your pickup, but didn't see a MC mentioned during my really quick scan.

Thanks!

Lynn

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  6. Gasolinefed

Gasolinefed
    from OR

I don’t know if the size is right but I usually run a 69 nova drum drum master.. 1” bore..

But my cars aren’t known for there stellar brakes

Edit - I’ve got one in my 29 and pedal pressure is the concern..

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  7. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I need to file that away for future use. It looks like a mirror image to the '67 Mustang 1".

Rich S. and lumpy 63 like this.
  8. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I'm using the jeep master on my stude Its mounted under the floor so I removed the residual pressure valve's from the master and installed in line valves. 2lbs for the front discs and 10lbs for the rear drums...Stops like a charm.

skip65 and Apenaut like this.
  9. I also used it on my girlfriends '60 Lark wagon.

skip65, Apenaut and lumpy 63 like this.
  10. butch27

butch27

I 'm using a Dodge truck..Under the floor. and made a remote fill for it to fill under the seat..

11. AMC360

AMC360
    from Canada

12. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Why not use a dual? Just curious....

13. Hey, I'm from Northeast, IN.

14. 29moonshine

29moonshine

I used a 67 nova on my 29 chevy stops good