Register now to get rid of these ads!

TECH WEEK---'47 ford dual pot master install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldtimer, Jun 1, 2009.

1. For TECH WEEK.....:D
    I didn't really put up a full post on my install, so I'll try it now (might be known already, but hope it helps someone). 1947 ford super deluxe, stock pedal assy, stock drivetrain, lincoln brakes dual pot master install. I needed to get the master out from under the floor bracing into a flat spot in the floor. I used a 1968 chrysler car master with the bolt hold down lid because it's short, has res valves in it and is a 1" bore (wagner #F71258). It needed to be 8" from the stock location. Using 3/16" plate and 1/8" thick tube make 2 feet (1 matching the foot of the '47 pedal assy and the other matching the new master). I found a universal master pushrod [​IMG] , both the stock ends threaded into it. Loosely mount the master and new mount, mark the floor, take out the set-up and cut a new access hole in the floor. Install the new pushrod on the pedal, slide the new mount over the pushrod, bolt new mount to pedal assy, bolt new master to mount (I used grade 8 bolts) and adjust pushrod free play. Lastly make a removable cover for the inspection hole. Bend some new lines (chrysler-front pot to rear brakes and rear pot to front brakes), bleed system and your done. I tried to makes this an easy read......hope it comes across ok.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  2. will work for 40-48....

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Great job. Well illustrated, and well thought out.

4. banditomerc

banditomerc

can you add a power booster to it? if so..what year?

5. if you made a different foot and shorten the adapter you could, i would use the smallest booster you could find. C.E makes an adapter for a power brake to stock pedal.

http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com/page70.html
    AS-2058

6. tromollo

tromollo
    from Easton PA

7. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

loldtimer, where did you get your carpet kit for your car? Thanks.

8. No carpet kit, it looks like the previous owner used the thin carpet you see on speaker boxes and slightly glued it to the floor. It's basically the underlay for the rubber mat.