Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What US company makes the best front end parts-ball joints, etc.?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lebowski, May 23, 2017.

1. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a great car, I hope it works out for you.

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tman likes this.
  3. Speaking of ball joints. Is there any recommended upper ball joints for say a early 60's bagged GM car? Bonneville that is...

4. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I had the center link and all four ball joints replaced today. The car steers a lot better now and I haven't even had it aligned yet. (I'm getting that done tomorrow.) I also found a wheel on Ebay for $50 including shipping off of a '67 Olds which has a 5 on 5 bolt pattern and 3" center hole so that's cool too. Now I'm thinking about driving it 900 miles to Fort Worth next month for the annual POCI (Pontiac Oakland Club International) convention. (Not really-I'm not quite that crazy.) Thanks to everyone who offered advice and positive comments regarding the ball joints and wheel search.... :)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. stimpy

stimpy

now save a little money and buy a electric grease gun ( best thing since buttered bread and I do not know how they haven't made them sooner ) and some good ( insert major oil company or lubricant manufacturer name here ) extreme pressure ( EP) grease , and keep the front end greased , and grease it every oil change , and if it sat for more than 6 months without moving ( a simple starting and moving the wheels back and forth once a month is often enough to keep it from seperating ,( when that happens you see the oil that falls out around the zerk or grease gun , synthetics do it more than mineral based ) , I do not recommend a specific brand as each person has there own loyalty ( mine is Mobil one , then Pennsoil ) , just learn how to read grease labels ( nlgi ,Ep,ect ect ) and your good to go . ( bob the oil guy.com is helpfull for that )

6. 54vicky

54vicky

ED does not make ball joints

7. The dude abides.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

When you have it aligned, reverse the caster and camber settings for radial tires..

-Drivers side wheel,
    2 degrees positive caster
    .5 degree negative camber
    1/32" toe in.

-Passenger side wheel.
    2.5 degrees positive caster
    .5 negative camber
    1/32" toe in..

9. Terrible80

Terrible80

If he didn't align it yet, it's been 2 years.