Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Spring Carlisle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, Apr 22, 2019.

1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

All packed up, trucks gassed up, packing the suitcase...need to do some food shopping tonight....leaving at 9am to go to Carlisle....checked the weather channel and all looks good for the week....I am selling good clean USED trim....up to 1960 (some newer but not much)….will be in spaces G29-30-31....stop and say Hi.....

mad mikey and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  2. I'll look you up. I'm going up on Thursday. Then we will be going to the Jalopyrama on Friday and, Saturday. Should be a FUN weekend!:) Ron.....

3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

So you moved from your space on the hillside?

4. I'm headed up on Thursday also. Looking for some slant six stuff and fender well headers for sbc. I will be at the Jalopyrama also, have fun.

5. sololobo

sololobo

Best wishes for a great show. I like what you do, a great service to our hobby.

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. I will be there on Friday. I will be sure and stop by. Hobo Jim

7. reagen

reagen

Hope to meet you all !!!!!

8. 2091.jpg 2106.jpg If you see my little wagon say Hi. :) Good luck and { HAPPY HUNTING !!!}

9. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Spring Carlisle got rolling today with cloudy skies that gave way to a period of sprinkles just before noon; and then a nice patch of sunshine before more late afternoon rain. Friday looks to be pretty wet; and then a breezy but dry Saturday. A good crowd turned out and it seemed more vendor spaces were occupied than a year ago. As usual, the variety of parts and pieces for sale was notable.

Attached Files:

ol'stinky and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  10. 5window

5window

Had planned to go today, but it's raining all day and I already have all the blue tarps I need. Committed tomorrow and I figure a lot of vendors will have left with Friday's dismal weather. Carlisle in the spring is always a crap shoot, great because it is early, but a 90 minute drive, plus over-priced parking and then admission is not as attractive as it once was.

11. VinnieCap

VinnieCap

I went yesterday (Thursday). Weather was cloudy. Not a bad day to go. I didn't see a lot of early Ford stuff for sale.

Seems like Hershey has much more early Ford stuff.

12. 5window

5window

Hershey has more of everything. Except, maybe, for Chinese socks.

13. VinnieCap

VinnieCap

I did see this driving around... thought it was pretty cool. Anyone on here own it?

Attached Files:

14. VinnieCap

VinnieCap

I saw this as well. Anyone on the HAMB know the owner? He was asking $32k

Attached Files:

15. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

We didn’t get to Jalopyrama but we did return to Carlisle to finish shopping the swap meet fields. Made a few nice buys and then breezed quickly thru the car corral. Funny what you see at an event like this. Something about this seems a bit unwise..........

Attached Files:

16. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

How was the swap meet? We ended up not going because the weather looked like it was not going to be good, so a almost 5 hour ride wasnt worth the gamble. I remember slogging through Hershey a few years ago in the pouring rain, not a good time.

17. X2 I was planning on going Friday decided the drive wasn’t worth it to look at blue tarps. I saved the vac day for a summer crusing day! Hobo Jim

lothiandon1940 and 5window like this.
  18. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

It rained on and off all day Friday,Bought stuff for the 32,Better than Working!

lothiandon1940 likes this.