Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Another T5 question.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldtimer, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Can I use Non WC gears from a Ford V8 (.63 5th) in a Non WC S10 trans or is it best to use a WC Camaro V8 with a mech speedo tail housing. SBC with 300-325 hp in a light car. I know I'll still need a Chevy V8 input shaft, but I might be able to get my hands of a fairly cheap Ford V8 trans (Non WC).

Thanks.

2. I'm not sure about the compatibility of parts, but it seems like a lot of work. A non-WC should hold up if you don't abuse the thing, so I would find a GM tranny from the get go.

3. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I think you can put all the NWC guts in any NWC case, but I don't think you can just throw in a Chevy input shaft with Ford gear cluster. Might look into getting a clutch disk from speedway that has Ford spline and fits your pp diameter. The Mustang trans would have the shifter towards the rear. I just recently put all WC parts from a Ford case into a GM Camaro/Firebird case, exchange the main shaft for correct speedo location, and different tail housing. Yes, its a ton of work, but so what. So is building a car from scratch.

deucemac and Hnstray like this.
  4. The thing is the banjo is running 4.11 and I would like the .63 o/d and Camaro T5s are getting pretty pricey around here. My gut tells me to wait for a WC setup....I always take the cheapest route and burns me in the end.

Thanks