Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Aussie Street Rod Nats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54 ford coupe, Apr 21, 2019.

1. 2323.jpg

34563.JPG

354673567.JPG

DSCN4080.JPG DSCN3780.JPG
    I will post a few more, just seeing if these post ok

2. Got any more? Always like to see what the Aussie guys are up to.

chryslerfan55 and 54 ford coupe like this.
  3. A few more to come yet, just sorting through them plus a couple of drive by's today.
    Supercharger:car ratio was very high :) One of these pics might not totally suit HAMB, but it is pretty WTF and a 4 door T is unusual enough. 1234.JPG DSCN4009 (2).JPG DSCN3872 (2).JPG
    DSCN3911.JPG

4. catdad49

catdad49

Thanks for all the great shots. That T is certainly.............different!

54 ford coupe likes this.
  5. A lot of sweet cars down under!

chryslerfan55 and 54 ford coupe like this.
  6. Always enjoy these pics from ya'lls part of the world,thanks.

7. Something about these old trucks. HRP

[​IMG]

61Cruiser and 54 ford coupe like this.
  8. hudson48

hudson48

Yes just because you can doesn't mean you should!!

9. hudson48

hudson48

I have over 200 shots that I need to sort out and will post but the ones here already are great.
    I was "very surprised" with some of the results of the Top 20 to say the least.

10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

So that's where all my future projects went:oops::(

11. There were a couple of cars I really fell in love with, and quite a few I would have thought perfect if they had a more simple wheel choice. The blown big block 36 Ford sedan did it for me, but it was cool to finally see the Hudson in the metal, the colour was not what I expected from photos. DSCN3851 (2).JPG DSCN3900.JPG DSCN3987 (2).JPG DSCN3963.JPG

catdad49 likes this.
  12. aussie57wag

aussie57wag
    from australia

I enjoyed my weekend there. But I couldn't believe the amount of cars that were trailered there.
    Some even from an hour or two. Are they that bad to drive they couldn't be driven that far.
    Total respect for the real hot rodders who drove their hot rods towing a trailer though.

13. hudson48

hudson48

John in the blue 46 Ford convertible had a major problem on the way home. About 50kms out of Maryborough his practically brand new Coker Bias look radial shredded itself. He had purchased 4 and the only 1000kms on them was to Valla last year and then to Maryborough.Luckily it was on the rear but still could have been a major disaster.
    The tyre got caught up in the skirt and fender but didn't appear to do any major damage. Then we had to get the skirt off and remove the wheel to allow it to be moved onto the trailer. By chance a guy we knew was travelling back to Maryborough to pull down his trade stand and had a Ford 15in wheel as a spare that we could borrow.
    Luckily John had premium roadside assistance and free flatbed to get it home. Pictures will follow and maybe a thread on this problem. Now John is worried about the other three and especially the front ones. Having that happen at the front at 100km/hr could end up fatal.