Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Progress on Modified

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackjack, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Did more brush painting today. Final coat on tub and first coat on the grille shell. I primed the dash - there’s a lot more switches and dials in the dash than I planned - but they all do something important

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

AHotRod, OFT, cactus1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks great @blackjack brush painting is a big tedious job that can have very positive results. Are you planning on sanding and buffing it smooth?...or just laying it on as smooth as possible?

cactus1 likes this.
  3. I’m quite happy with it. I want it to be clear that it has been brush painted. It’s possible to sand smooth and buff but the body is nearly 100 years old and would have been regarded as unusable across the Atlantic.

What you don’t get from this picture is the depth of shine in the tekaloid paint. I will drag it out in the sun tomorrow and take some more pictures

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    gnichols, AHotRod, OFT and 2 others like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think they painted vintage cars by brush way back and your right it may actually have been laid down without much or any touch-up. There is a few threads here showcasing this type of painting and the results were very favorable. I look forward to it all coming together.

OFT likes this.

5. Finished this yesterday, here it is flatted, polished and waxed;

[​IMG]

Stogy, AHotRod and chop job like this.
  6. AHotRod

AHotRod

Doing it the old ways, beautiful !

Stogy likes this.