Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Sam Barris ‘50 Buick / Buddy Alcorn ‘50 Merc

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by HEMI32, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Thanks. Super cool video!

loudbang likes this.
  2. Thanks
    Never met Dennis, but he appears to have decent taste in classic cars.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  3. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

That's a great segment! Seeing these customs static, in a car show is one thing, but in motion is awesome!

Anybody notice the big Barris Crest in the upper floor window of Kurt's house?

loudbang likes this.

4. NOTE: Credit goes to @Jimmy B for finding this video on YouTube yesterday ... I was a bit surprised that he (or another HAMBer) hadn’t already posted it here ... so this morning, I thought it appropriate to share with the H.A.M.B. Traditional Custom community.

loudbang likes this.
  5. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Sam's Buick is probably my favorite custom, thanks for posting.

texasred and loudbang like this.
  6. flyin-t

flyin-t

Just plain badass.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Jimmy Hervatin

Jimmy Hervatin
    from Midwest MO

Very kool video! The Bubby Alcorn Merc brings back memories when I did the metal work on the car over twenty years ago. Was very neat to see the car in bare metal! I could see all the lead that was used to create this fantastic kustom. Most of all the lead work was still in good shape. Only repaired where there was rust or damage. Kurt has a incredible collection of customs!

loudbang, K13, HEMI32 and 1 other person like this.
  8. @HEMI32, yesterday I watched the vid and shared it to FB directly from youtube. I was going to post but got sidetrack. Thanks for posting saves me doing it. :D

loudbang and HEMI32 like this.
  9. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

The fact that both cars still exist is amazing considering both where found rotting away into oblivion. But so was the Dream truck and the Zaro Merc. Hats off to Kurt for preserveing all those amazing cars. Larry

loudbang and HEMI32 like this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

NICE find. Two lucky dudes one the owner and the other is the reporter that got to tool around in them.

11. hudson48

hudson48

I met Kurt last year and spent time at his house looking at the collection. Then he rode with me in the Hudson to lunch and to visit Mann Restorations who are doing his Barris 38 Coupe. Will see him again this year when I visit in May(not with the Hudson this time). He has invited me to ride with him to the Custom Car Revival in Indianapolis
    over the weekend of June 6th to June 9th. Will be a passenger in the 1941 Cadillac convertible. Al-lauer-1941-cadillac-harry-westergard-14.jpg Al-lauer-1941-cadillac-harry-westergard-15.jpg

abill, flyin-t, DonnyK and 7 others like this.
  12. Jay71

Jay71

Oh man. To see those things going down the road and the gurgle of that exhaust...I don’t have the words. Kustom perfection. Thanks for posting!!!

HEMI32, loudbang and scotty t like this.
  13. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Thank goodness there are guys like Kurt McCormick who love the old
    customs and have preserved them for all to enjoy. Beautiful cars.

HEMI32, flyin-t and loudbang like this.
  14. Jay71

Jay71

On a side note, I work in the service department of a boat dealership here in Ventura. About a year ago a salesman approached me, and because he knew I’m a car guy, he asked me,”do you know who George Barris is?” Of course, I know who he is, why, I asked. “Well I sold his daughter a boat yesterday.” Wasn’t sure I believed him till I came into work a week later and saw this. Needless to say, I’m always honored to get to work on the Kustom Kruiser. Btw, that's a shop trailer its sitting on. Barris' don't do the patina deal!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    loudbang and lurker mick like this.