Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from eastern Kansas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 31 Chevy 6, Apr 20, 2019.

1. 31 Chevy 6

31 Chevy 6

My current project is a 31 Chevy roadster, which started as a rolling chassis. I've added body parts from several places and have enough now for a hot rod. The roadster is receiving a 51 front axle from a Chevy 3100 and a 39 car rear end, to get hydraulic brakes and a 3" drop. The power train is a 261 six, a 47 truck bellhousing, and a 39 transmission. The car will have 4.75/5.00-19" on the front and 7.00-17" tires on the rear, with spokes all around. The motor is 60 over, with a Delta regrind "Bulldog" cam, as the motor was originally going in my 52 pickup. With the lighter car, I'm thinking of changing the cam for one with a little more duration and lift. The 848 head has had the valve pockets opened up a bit and had the ports polished some. Fuel will be delivered through three Carter YF 964S carbs, sitting on a 216 triple manifold, with the ports bored to match the head rings.

Otherwise, I have a 28 Ford Tudor, a 31 Chevy 5 window coupe, and a 52 Chevy 3600, all waiting for their turn in the shop.
    Dave

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. Welcome to the HAMB from Virginia. Sounds like a real cool project. Hope you can post some photos of it. There's always someone on here, that'll have the answer to any questions you may have. This is a great and, fun site. Will be looking foward to your progress. Ron.....

3. 31 Chevy 6

31 Chevy 6

Thanks Ron. I'll have to find pictures of the original frame and the mock up of the car, as it is torn down into a bunch of parts now. I have got all the major parts, but I still need to get the front axle dropped and the torque tube driveshaft shortened. I'll take the front axle to Sid's in Guthrie, but I have picked out a shop for the torque tube. I could possibly do it myself, but it might not end up straight.

Just to try posting photos, here is one of boring out the valve pockets opening up valve pockets on 235 head.JPG setting up intake manifold to bore for 235-261 rings.JPG and one of opening up the head ports on a two carb Edelbrock 216 manifold.
    Dave

4. rs57

rs57
    from oklahoma

Welcome to the site from Oklahoma

5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Welcome aboard, it's a good ride.

6. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome from Indiana! As Ron said, we like pics! Good luck with your projects. Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.