Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods No glove compartment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 15, 2019.

1. That's unique, I like the idea. HRP

Cliff Ramsdell likes this.
  2. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Like that idea. Just a small correction, that's not a cowl vent on a 26-27 T, it's the gas filler door!
    SPark

3. evintho

evintho

No glove box and very little trunk space to speak of. So, I built a 13" deep compartment behind the seat. I keep all my registration/insurance card/etc in a 1 gallon ziplock bag.

[​IMG]

Bandit Billy likes this.
  4. jazz1

jazz1

I recall many commercial vehicles the registration and insurance plastic holder being fastened to the steering column.

5. radarsonwheels

radarsonwheels
    from Philly

Ziplock bag with reggie, ins, and a tiny super strong magnet to hang the bag up out of the way

6. We aren't required to keep registration documents or driving license in the car. Information technology means they know it all anyway but even before that you had seven days to produce the documents at any police station. There's very little chance of being shot by a nervous traffic cop as they don't have guns.

My 27 Modified doesn't have a glove box but I'm going to make a pocket in the sail panels. Plenty of depth to make useful storage. IMG_20190416_214411729.jpeg

Sent from my moto g(6) play using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. 5window

5window

This thread is the answer to "Why do elephants have trunks?"

mgtstumpy likes this.
  8. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

One small problem that certainly doesn't affect everyone. In some states such as NY anything older than 1973 does not have a title but rather a transferable registration. In other words your registration is also the title to your car. Not sure if leaving that in your car is a good idea.

9. They say the strong traits get stronger and the weak traits get weaker. I wonder what they were thinking when they decided to have me. LOL

[​IMG]
    I could change it but this is too much like fun. I like fun.

10. On the coupe I use the package shelve behind the seat. I have a nice vintage leather folder I found to put my papers in. On the roadster the door panels have pockets. Stray Dog Coupe Roadster 023.JPG ROADSTER 011.JPG

Cliff Ramsdell and Shadow Creek like this.
  11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

You might need to be quick to get your info pack out from under there , before the officer gets to your door . Remember he is watching you make any movements before he approaches.

12. When I picked up the car Dave had used some creativity and incorporated a couple of pouches in the passenger side sun visors, that never occurred to me. HRP

[​IMG]

13. ^^^^^^PERFECTO!

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  14. Like the ones we used in the '40s?

Ben

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Here;s an idea for you - why not get one of those fuel pressure pumps that you see on ePay, and convert it to unscrew, and allow you to hold some rolled up paperwork inside it. That way 1. it never looks out of place, 2. Its waterproof - important in a "driven" roadster, 3. it looks traditional, and 4. you will not be confusing one of the boys in blue that you're reaching for something that might give him the wrong impression

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

upload_2019-4-21_18-38-4.png
    I've fold up pockets in both front doors, there's a boxed cavity behind to store things. The panels match those on rear doors which don't open for storage. If all else fails there's the cavity behind the back seat as well where I store the side curtains, jumper leads etc. The seat just folds forward; out off sight, out of mind.
    20140210_182238.jpg

20140210_182248.jpg

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

The kid I bought my 70 F100 from had put a stereo in the glove box. I'm glad he didn't cut up the dash, but it made the glove box worthless. I keep my registration and insurance papers on a clipboard stashed in the seatback. I've had it for 9 years now and never needed to show it to an officer, but it will be inconvenient if I ever do.

Devin

18. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Clever guy that Dave.:)
    Problem solved :cool:

19. -Brent-

-Brent-

Yes.