Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Cheap alternative to custom wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slim tempo, Apr 21, 2019.

1. slim tempo

slim tempo

When I was at the Stafford Springs Motor Speedway for the swap meet last weekend I had a pocketful of cash to find some old Cragar or custom wheels for my 1959 Rambler. After walking for over an hour and looking and looking, I couldn't find anything. What did catch my eye was a set of trim rings from what looks like to be a mid 80's Ford F-150. They had these cool 2 lines of orange on them. $10 later I was in the parking lot popping off my hubcaps and installing these beauties. 017.JPG

Attached Files:

2. pitman

pitman

Looks good, esp the color works.

3. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Awesome! They look and make the car standout just that much more. Good score!

4. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Excellent! Once in awhile you find something that's pretty much worthless to anyone else but perfect for your needs.

quick85 likes this.

5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Worked for me too for a short time in the 60s with small chrome grease dustcap also. Dose your Rambler wagon have a spare-tire-well for a spare?,I had one with out anyplace for a sparetire at all,came only with a tube patch kit under the rear seat. Only car I ever had factory built that way.

6. jim snow

jim snow

Score! Snowman

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Cool wagon.. Looks racy now....

8. Nova Thug

Nova Thug
    from SG Vizzle

Yep, 80’-90’s F150 trim rings.. My dad had an 89 F150 XLT and those rings were on it.. Funny how the red detail lines have carried on from the 40’s.. Then again that truck platform had the twin I-beam front suspension which is basically the last iteration of the early Ford solid axle wishbone setup which goes back the the teens or twenties..

9. CME1

CME1

Great wheel look! Really fit your Rambler. Cool looking car!

10. oldolds

oldolds

A nice change and didn't take any money away to stop you from buying a set of wheels if you find them at the next swap meet!

11. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Chrome grease caps would set things off nicely. Looks good with the rings, though.

12. Crocodile

Crocodile

A set of spyder caps would really look good with them, but they seem to be in used wheel territory for price.