Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods chevy 2 4 cyl

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29moonshine, Apr 20, 2019.

1. 29moonshine

29moonshine

what is a chevy 11 4 cyl worth , it is complete from carb to oil pan with 14000 miles

2. buffaloracer

buffaloracer
    from kansas

What ever someone will give or take. I'd be comfortable around $300,but I'm a little conservative.
    Pete

3. What year? Is that the mileage on a rebuild or original? If original why so few? Why is it available? Is it still in the vehicle where someone can drive it? If it is that few miles I would expect about $500. They make a good engine for a Model A or B, you are just going to need to find the right person at the right time. How about pictures?

Charlie Stephens

Hnstray likes this.
  4. 29moonshine

29moonshine

it was in a 64 nova original motor for the car, the car had 14 000 miles on it . he pulled the motor and trans to put in a 350 . I know the guy who has it and he is said it ran good and it trust worthy. thinking it would make a good motor for a 33 chevy truck

5. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

Might as well make a deal for the radiator, radiator spacer, and motor mounts. If he's not using the trans get that too...along with the driveline as the splines of the slip yoke probably won't fit the transmission he's going to use instead of the powerglide.

6. With that few miles on a car that old I wonder about its history. Did the speedometer roll over once? How long did it set? Was it maintained? I would look for a 6 cylinder for a '33 Chevy truck and leave the Chevy for the Model A guys with their engine compartments designed for a 4. FYI, I have a 181 cubic inch Mercruiser Marine engine in my AVATAR. They are basically a slightly larger version of the Chevy II engine. It is a great engine.

Charlie Stephens

Hnstray and tractorguy like this.
  7. noboD

noboD

Isn't that the engine that says Chevy on the valve cover? I'd give $20 for that to hang on my shop wall.

8. If it has not rolled over (which is probably real likely) that would suggest that the car sat for 50 years at least. If the tappets were not loosened in that amount of time I would think that the valves would have some rusted faces and that you may have a weak spring or two. never the less if it turns free a valve grind and a set of springs is pretty cheap.

End of the day unless you are just stuck on a banger it is just a banger. Less that 500 hundred and bore than 200 would be my guess.

9. 29moonshine

29moonshine

yep I t has chevy on the valve cover

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd think that as a solid core the engine is worth 300 if a guy plans on going through it.
    It sounds like the engine may have been pulled and stuck in the corner sometime in the 70's when that would have been pretty common and a low mile Chevy II wasn't that much of an oddity then as some like that never passed the city limits of small towns and might only rack up five to ten miles a week if that making the weekly run to the beauty shop, grocery store and church on Sunday. I'd pull the valve cover and pan before I ever tried to fire it at any rate as you might find three inches of sludge in the pan but no wear in the engine.