Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 4/19/19 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Apr 18, 2019.

1. mark schanfeldt

mark schanfeldt

Thanks Road Kill PU - Happy Easter

2. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Many thanks ............

Stogy likes this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The_Kid.jpg

Inspired by the California Kid
    as a teen I penciled this onto my Drafting Folder in Grade 10.

This was a staple in Street Rodder and still is part of
    The Enterprise Pete & Jake's

I wonder who Penned the original art?...It is reminiscent of the Late Dave Bell...anyway

Great show All...;)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  4. sololobo

sololobo

fun show, the Easter stuff was great. I love 2nd Chances offerings today. The Harley on the red traffic lens is already sold. Gary will do custom orders on hub caps, traffic lens, or anything you want to send to him. He offers his hand painted coolness at very fair prices but offers a HAMB 10% discount. Hit him up at 2nd. Chance here on the H.A.M.B. One of a kind art is way cool!

Animal and Stogy like this.
  5. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@typo41 Oh yeah! I like that! The naked eye is a miracle!

typo41 likes this.
  6. No, I like them fresh! :)

chryslerfan55 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

e149037c0fb3bccf90f62e137f56dea3.jpg

ed-big-daddy-roth.jpg

As an Amateur Artist myself I have an appreciation for those that have mastered Art, influenced culture and made a career of a skill many profess not to have...

I was snooping around the net for content and come across this Artwork by One of the Hotrod/Custom/Race/Pop Culture Masters the Late Ed Roth who of course needs no introduction here.

I saw the Date and thought I would share it as it is spot on Hamb Material and I enjoy celebrating the Masterpieces of those that inspire and influence what I do artistically. Powerful stuff...

We Celebrate Your Life Ed Roth

and Thanks for sharing what you knew so well.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-...llustration-original-art-1963-/a/7036-92233.s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Roth

Credit to The Late Ed Roth, Photographer, Owner

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    ct1932ford, chriseakin, Lil32 and 8 others like this.
  9. Lepus

Lepus

Happy Easter easter1.JPG easter2.JPG The hot rod toy is a Hot Wheels car that used to have a player on the Magic basketball team poking through the roof. The woman riding the rabbit is my wife.We took a bike trip from Charlottsville Va, to the Grand Canyon and New Mexico, in '86, the year after we got married.We stopped for gas in Rabbit Hill, Texas, and I made her pose on the rabbit. Someone on the Hamb has a picture of himself (I guess) on this same rabbit as his avatar.

10. ...since Spring is the time the bugs come back ,..here's a couple...
    fri art 17 035.jpg fri art 17 049.jpg

11. unless there is a Good Friday, there can be no Easter Sunday.............. IMG_4861.JPG IMG_4864.JPG IMG_4865.JPG

ct1932ford, Sancho, Lil32 and 12 others like this.
  12. I tried to get it to blur out completely..............in the style of Mondrian? IMG_4875.JPG

13. Latigo

Latigo

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  14. My friend Bruce's tub, puttin' his foot on the bumper, crazy ART - Happy Easter
    [​IMG]

15. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Always enjoy the FAS. There are some very creative artists posting their work. Lately, it seems there has been an increase in photos of people and vehicles that are more like snapshots instead of artistically enhanced images. While these are interesting, not considered art in my mind. JWL

Latigo, chryslerfan55 and quick85 like this.
  16. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

^^ I agree wholeheartedly. There are pics that you share with friends, family or
    post on craigslist if you're selling something. Then there are those that can be
    considered "art", or at least shown in an artful way.

Latigo and Offset like this.
  17. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Agree Quick the FAS seems to have changed direction.

Latigo and quick85 like this.
  18. I think my ears are burning guys.:rolleyes: I'm sorry for posting some of the grandkids artwork. I'll try to only post my amateur pencil sketches and, maybe some photos that I hope are truly artsy.:) I deleted the grandkid Easter photos. And again Sorry. Ron...:)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Ron, please don't take things too personally. It's not something you do on a regular
    basis and it's easily excusable on occasion, especially when you've got a family thing
    going on and everyone's having fun. You're fortunate in that you have actual
    drawing / sketching talent. I wish I could say the same for myself, but I have to depend
    on my eye and my camera, and I don't have something to post each week. I've said it
    before, so many of you fellows (and women?) have such a knack for art that I love checking
    in each week to see what's new. Now, I'm not back pedaling here, I prefer to see art, but I've
    posted photos that I learned either didn't belong on the H.A.M.B or guys just didn't dig and
    I deleted them. But, I'm not asking anyone to delete their stuff, maybe it can just go into a
    new discussion.

20. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Ron, post them back up, the kids are the next generation of HAMBers and like Quick says you do not post them on a regular basis. I thought they were excellent. Certainly I am not asking anyone to delete anything either. Just feel the FAS has changed.

chryslerfan55 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  21. ...a few weeks back I made a comment about all the photos,.....I'm not saying some of them aren't artsy, but a lot of em don't take much talent to click a camera, anyone can do that;...not everyone can draw a sketch of a car or scene, that takes learned or natural talent;
    ...that being said, I appreciate everyone who takes the time and effort to post on the FAS,...besides whether you like or dis-like something is just your own opinion;...there's no set rules that make art good or great,...you just like it or you don't,...I'm just happy that many HAMBers like my chicken scratch. Thank you all.

22. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm guilty. Occasionally I crop after clicking, that's all...and sometimes my poop don't look like puddin...but gotta keep tryin, eh?

tb33anda3rd, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nothing wrong with untouched cropped or uncropped images...many Photographers are quite passionate about them...if you nail it, you can't make perfection better...just smile and share...nothing wrong with mixing it up either with a border or digital manipulation or otherwise

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019