Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Canada or Bust 2019

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by USMercUte, Jan 23, 2019.

1. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Note to all 'muricans coming north of the border.
    Load up on gas in USA.
    Our gas is now $1.50 a litre.
    That's $6.75 a gallon.
    A litre is about a US quart.

Tomincanada, USMercUte and loudbang like this.
  2. IMG_20190317_130333069.jpg
    I'll be there in this, just have to make the trek over the "hat"

USMercUte, loudbang and mgtstumpy like this.
  3. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I'll be going but my Deuce won't be there. Been way too busy to do get much done. Hopefully I'll drive there in '21! And for those who've never been you really must get there at least once. Excellent show.

Fitnessguy and loudbang like this.
  4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Victoria s a great location and beautiful setting for such an event.
    I always understood accommodation was one thing that was tough to get.
    The ferry service is world standard in my view and 2nd to none...

USMercUte and loudbang like this.
  5. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

We are doing a vbro type condo. Downtown, close to show, secure underground parking and cheap. Still have to cancel the hotel we have booked, but this seems to be the way to go.
    I’m sure there will be a lot of cancelations closer to the show as from others as well.

Fitnessguy and loudbang like this.
  6. I will be there for the first time in my 34

652895DD-1B71-44DF-BCAB-2D1D22E32762.jpeg

Austinrod, 32SEDAN, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  7. billthx138

billthx138

Sold the coupe, will be taking the Roadster again this year.

32SEDAN and loudbang like this.
  8. billthx138

billthx138

Make sure you get ferry reservations, a month ago all but the last crossing were reserved for that thursday and most crossings on friday!!!

loudbang likes this.
  9. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

I’ll be there from Iowa. First time.

10. Do you have to be there and registered Thursday? I may not make it over until Friday morning

loudbang likes this.
  11. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

We are planning on it IMG_5071.JPG IMG_5121.JPG

12. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look what arrived on the email today, the registration conformation! My upholsterer called and said he is running a bit behind on the completion date but I hope to have it mid-next week. I want to have at least 1000 miles on it before I head north.
    Suggestions were made that we put our H.A.M.B. handle on our entry window card somehow so all us H.A.M.B. members know who we are. I intend to do that, hope others will do the same.

[​IMG]

13. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I'll be going for the fourth consecutive time . It's always a great road trip from CA with a different route each time . 2df122234b6c11f5e8b143e7aced9803[1].jpg

Lil32, lurker mick, USMercUte and 4 others like this.
    loudbang likes this.
  15. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Are you driving your roadster? Good on you if you are!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang and mgtstumpy like this.
  16. uncle buck

uncle buck

For the show no, but be sure to get ferry reservations. The show registration and everything else is always well staffed at the host hotel. Al has this show very well sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

I’m going with the family. The boss is driving down in her daily as well as we’ll have our kids with us so I’ll have an official “support vehicle” ha ha booked the 4pm ferry on Thursday so it gives me lots of time to cruise down and get through the bullshit Vancouver traffic ☹️ We booked a condo on Airbnb right by the harbour with secure parking as well. So much cheaper than the hotels. Can’t wait!
    [​IMG]

18. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

We probably booked at same condo. Ditched my hotel that I had booked for it. Such a good deal, and secure parking sealed the deal.
    We booked our fairy early Friday. Counting down the days, cant wait to drive the beater out there, should be an epic trip.

9C76AE1F-6A05-4BDC-8EE3-12EC1741BDB1.jpeg

Blue One, USMercUte and loudbang like this.
  19. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Ya I liked the idea of secure parking for sure. Nice to have a full kitchen and stuff as well. Gonna be fun

Blue One and loudbang like this.
  20. Richard Head

Richard Head

I was registered, had a Airbnb condo, and made ferry reservations. Last week I got a text saying that my Airbnb deposit had been refunded. Apparently the condo association cracked down on short term rentals. Every thing available is now twice what I reserved last year. I got pissed and gave my registration to someone who actually has a 32. I'm still working on the truck like I'm going, though. Last weekend, I fired the 283 that I built for it 5 years ago, and broke the cam in.

I figure with the money I am saving by staying home, I can put it back into the truck to actually finish it.
    Dave

21. SkyDriver

SkyDriver

Going for the first time. Don't have a '32 so we'll be taking my wife's IMG_20180817_121446439_HDR.jpg '34 roadster.

22. I'm planning on having an "on the way to Deuce Days gathering"/open house kinda deal here at the shop for those people who're driving through this area. In the past we've had quite a few people stop in on there way there and this time we figured we'd do something a little more official. Working on a little flyer deal now but still am not sure on what day would be best yet?

Idaho Deuce Days 16.jpg Pinkee's dropping in..jpg

23. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

602CDF55-B26D-4D7F-8D38-54F081B2F183.jpeg Keep an eye out for the Kiwi couples , very dedicated rodders. Mark and Robyn shipped their awesome blue Hemi powered 32 from NZ to CA and will drive up, Danny and Jadzia have 32s at home but the green 32 is their US hot rod, which they have driven from TX to CA then on up to Deuce days. Nicer people you couldn’t hope to meet , so make sure you say hi and share their adventures.
    Marks 32 will most likely be the only RHD rod at Deuce days.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Hamtown Al, Stllrng., prez and 2 others like this.
  24. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finally back from the upholstery shop. Soon to be pinstriped and hundreds of details before departing for Canada, feeling very comfortable that we are going to make it. Getting excited now! P1000146M.JPG

Hamtown Al likes this.
  25. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

I saw on the confirmation email that you register on Thursday, but you can just show up Sunday for the show eh? What time should a guy be there? I don’t see hours posted for the show anywhere.

26. While that sounds bad- the US dollar goes about 34% further...naw... the price of gas sucks either way you look at it

27. Depends where you want to park. The guys that want the choice spots seem to line up pretty early. Last time I thought we were early getting there around 6am and people were already parked.

Fry likes this.
  28. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Cool, thanks for the info.

29. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Where’s this area? Will be driving down from the interior on Thursday