Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 53-54 Chevy gauges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Snegrah, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Gents,

I have a 53 Chevy coupe that I installed a set of Smith's gauges in an aluminum panel (see photo). Well, I have another coupe that I want to do the same/similar thing with but with real Triumph TR4 gauges. Both the Smith and JAEGER gauges measure 52mm. These gauges are mounted from behind on that panel and when doing that, they can fit in a straight line versus staggered like the Boese aluminum insert. The problem is, I did this so long ago, I have no receipt for the aluminum panel I bought. My question is, does anyone recognize my old panel and who makes it? I've searched and Googled and nothing but Boese comes up.

Also, I think Triumph never had a JAEGER amp gauge. I've only seen Lucas.

The speedo fits nice in the 53 stock bezel.

I think the year of the gauges are 63 or 64, so I'm HAMB safe?

And of course, opinions of any flavor are welcomed.

Thnx,

Tom 20190131_055657.jpeg 20190131_055607.jpeg 20190131_112418.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  2. Renzo778

Renzo778

very nice

Hnstray likes this.
  3. SFO

SFO
    from Novato, CA

Whats up Tom. I've been literally looking for that same panel for months. From all my research, I've seen it as having been made by Rod Tech in Ventura. 1 949 722 1071 , www.rodtechcars.com

No one will answer the phone or return emails, so I may to try and make my own. Can you take a picture of how those gauges are mounted behind the dash? That would help me so much, thanks!!

4. mark phoenix

mark phoenix
    Alliance Vendor
    from wisconsin

PM me I may be able to help

5. SFO

SFO
    from Novato, CA

PM sent!

6. SFO,

It's been so long. I forgot how they're mounted from the rear but I'll see if I can look from under the dash. And the body ain't as flexible as it was. So, wish us luck.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app