Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2019 Run What Ya Brung April 27 and again in the Fall

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Jan 3, 2019.

1. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

I keep chain saws in the truck all the time. Strong back is about 15 years ago for me! But the truck has a strong bed!

loudbang, GAOldsman and dirty old man like this.
  2. Whelp I got all of my parts. Dang sure need to run some lights in my shop.

3. 18 Days Till Go Time

0E9EEFA0-E67A-45F5-889B-94D43CF55CDB.jpeg

Be There
    K:cool::cool:L

9ED6D57B-7E84-4024-B81F-F353FAAF9E44.jpeg

chryslerfan55, PBRmeASAP and loudbang like this.
  4. E9B4EAEF-CED3-4A66-B8D3-B6603BD08F8C.jpeg Well this sucks :(

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Hope it doesn't affect us too much.

loudbang and GAOldsman like this.
  6. Well I guess that means Tony and Fiddle Picker Johnny at the least won’t be at RWYB

chryslerfan55, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  7. One day I'm going to make this.......

loudbang likes this.
  8. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

we got no control over the weather. Will be fun for those of us that can make it. I have my farm all ready for Easter egg hunt this Sunday and they are predicting Thunderstorms all day! Oh well

chryslerfan55, loudbang and GAOldsman like this.
  9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Woody tomorrow looks good for weather over your way last time I looked, maybe have the Easter Egg Hunt on Sat. instead of Sun ?

10. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Exactly what I said but found out Deborah and I are baby sitting for 5 grandchildren Saturday afternoon and night. Oh well. Should be fun!

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Today here in Griffin is the season opener for the Southern Cruisers' Cruise In held from 4pm till 8pm at the local Wise Guys Wings and Things.
    Last night I printed a batch of flyers to take to this event. Maybe we can draw some new participants or at least some additional spectators.

12. 5893BA93-B418-4BEE-96AB-0671979A327C.jpeg

And 13 is on top of us :eek:

13. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Bump. Rain delay on Sega sucks. Not sure what we are doing yet .RWYB is always a good time

GAOldsman and loudbang like this.
  14. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

We are going to have fun and do our thing. RWYB twice a year! I love it

15. hammer down guys! be sure someone takes pics and posts them for us 900+ mile away fans

16. Not looking good for the Hoodlum. Got the wheel cylinders and shoes changed out on the back. Noticed that there wasn’t any fluid coming out when I took the cylinders loose. Didn’t think much about it because I’ve been smelling something for a little bit back there and figured the reservoir was dry on that end.

No such luck. Found out that both hard lines coming off of the junction block were smashed shut. I did replace the short one but still couldn’t get any juice to the south end of the car.

Next chance I get, I’m going to suck out the new juice I put in the reservoir and take loose the line feeding the back so I can attempt to clear out any blockage with some shop air.

If it isn’t one thing it’s two :rolleyes:

chryslerfan55, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

How the Hell did the lines get "smashed shut"? If the master cylinder can't pump brake fluid thru the lines, I sorta doubt the shop air is gonna do it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. Zip ties. The lines going to the wheel cylinders were zip tied to the axle. Under each zip tie was a totally pinched off line. I replaced the short one and have to grab a 40” one for the passenger’s side. Still didn’t get any juice through the replaced line with my pneumatic bleeder. There must be a blockage at the junction block or distribution block :confused:

loudbang likes this.
  19. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

You don't need no skinkin rear brakes. Plug them and Just use the front ones

20. I’m beginning to think you’re right Woody.

21. D69A015B-0E2A-480F-8F89-355B11C3DC88.jpeg

And then there was 10

22. brianf31

brianf31

Are you gonna make it, Scot? I'm hoping to finish my roof insert fill this weekend.

loudbang likes this.
  23. I’m gonna make it, whether or not the Hoodlum does, remains to be unseen Brian. We shall know by Monday evening...

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Anxiously waiting to hear your outcome from this weekend's work. Sooner or later the 2 of us are gonna both be OK for a ruu.

chryslerfan55 and GAOldsman like this.
  25. Whelp no back brakes. There’s a blockage somewhere between the distribution block and the junction block on the rear axle. Not trying to completely redo the brake lines with such little time to go.

The good news is that it stops good enough to be road and track worthy. It sure loves this cool weather. Ran out pretty good.

The bad news is that since there’s no fluid at the rear wheel cylinders, then it must be the axle seals that was leaking and what I’ve been smelling. :rolleyes: :confused: Guess I’ll keep an eye on it and try to get those seals changed out over the summer. Funny thing is that the drums and everything was dry. Who knows?

chryslerfan55, loudbang and brianf31 like this.
  26. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Good news. Fronts do like 75-80% of the stopping work. Look forward to seeing you and some good safe racing!

27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just run the eigtth and you'll have all the room, you need to slow down just dragging your feet!

loudbang likes this.
  28. brianf31

brianf31

29. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The Summit ET series is news to me, but on that facebook page you linked to it says it's been in the schedule all along:eek: Looks like it'll be a busy day:rolleyes:

30. brianf31

brianf31

Yep. Comments say only one test and tune run per elimination round.